John Deere 401C getting work done.

/ John Deere 401C getting work done. #1  

Gasifier

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 310J, Kubota L4310
58FC1E56-4B32-41FB-81C7-54B1AAE51CEE.jpeg

A0C35BCD-7378-4F16-B727-A88AA8DB5709.jpeg

My new to me 401C got a little work done today. I hope to continue some winter work with it. But apparently more snow is on the way. We have had two storms. One dropped over two feet on us just before Christmas. But each storms snow melted away. We currently have about 4” of a mix on the ground. If it starts getting deep I’ll quit with just two wheel drive.

/ John Deere 401C getting work done. #3  
I like snow in the winter, but it's been pretty good being able to get into the woods. 👍
Glad to see that "old gal" working out for you! You definitely won't have any problems with the computer or the emissions system. 😆

/ John Deere 401C getting work done. #4  
Looks nice. Have fun - be careful. Snow is always pretty to me, but cold isn't. Best Wishes.

/ John Deere 401C getting work done.
SOLD! Quick turnaround on that one! Time to move to a 4 wheel drive with removable back and three point hitch for the the warm season. Yea! Warmth!

/ John Deere 401C getting work done.
I have really wanted to try one of those. But have heard, or read, that an axle housing crack can be a VERY expensive fix. ? I don’t know if that is a result of abusive use or not. But it makes me nervous to buy one. So it will begin with a K.

/ John Deere 401C getting work done. #10  
I have really wanted to try one of those. But have heard, or read, that an axle housing crack can be a VERY expensive fix. ? I don’t know if that is a result of abusive use or not. But it makes me nervous to buy one. So it will begin with a K.
I've heard similar AND that Deere's support for this machine is either limited or nonexistent. 👍