John Deere 300CX

/ John Deere 300CX #1  

wes01lantz

Tractor
John Deere 300 CX
Hi, I have a John deere 300cx. I am having issues with it charging the battery while running. while running the battery is putting out 12.94 volts. I habe replaced the alternator 2 times already. any insight would help.

/ John Deere 300CX #2  
Hi, I have a John deere 300cx. I am having issues with it charging the battery while running. while running the battery is putting out 12.94 volts. I habe replaced the alternator 2 times already. any insight would help.

I believe the 300CX is the loader model and not the model of the tractor. It would help if we had the tractor model. With almost 13 volts at the battery it would seem that the alternator is working. How old is the battery? Have you checked condition of wiring and contact points?

/ John Deere 300CX #3  
I believe the 300CX is the loader model and not the model of the tractor. It would help if we had the tractor model. With almost 13 volts at the battery it would seem that the alternator is working. How old is the battery? Have you checked condition of wiring and contact points?
That is correct, 300CX is the Front End Loader. My 4105 has this 'model' of FEL.

/ John Deere 300CX

The battery is only 4 months old, I have replaced both terminals for the battery and checked all the wiring. After running for a while the tractor still kills the battery and it does not want to restart until I put a jump pack on the battery.