John Deere 2955

/ John Deere 2955 #1  

kwbretired

Silver Member
Tractor
Case 485, John Deere 5425, & John Deere Skid Steer 333D
What is the name of the web site that tractor data is available out of Nebraska. My mind won’t work this morning. Im fixing to trade for a John Deere 2955 & l wanted to check the specs.

/ John Deere 2955
Thanks, l don’t know wher my mind was this morning. I’m going tomorrow to look at the 2955. I already know it needs an interior update for the cab - hope they are still available. It’s supposed to only have about 4700 original hours on it. John Deere has already been completely through the transmission, new clutch, PTO clutch,and several other things.

/ John Deere 2955 #5  
The cab on those has a bunch of common parts with a broad range of years of Deere. you can get everything you need for the cab refresh aftermarket no problem. Those are good, heavy built tractors.

/ John Deere 2955 #6  
kwb
Be sure to check hyd operation with hyd oil at operating temp with pto in both on & off position & hyd hi-lo in both speeds. I'm not fond of the clutch master/slave cylinder configuration. The clutch control cylinders are fine when operating but can be a pain if a problem arises. JD 50 & 55 series utility tractors wiring schematics resembles a spider web on models with cabs so be sure AC operates correctly. I think acquiring new cab interior will not be a problem

/ John Deere 2955
Thanks for all the replies, l passed on the trade as the 2955 was not in as good of shape as advertised. It wouldn’t stay in 4th & 8th gears without popping out. He said the rear of the cab needed to be shimmed to fix. I didn’t bite.
So on with my search for around an 80 HP PTO tractor not newer than 2013 (want to stay away from computers and emissions).

/ John Deere 2955 #8  
Look at 54xx series, 5410, 5420, 5425, or if not too big/expensive, the 6000 series, 6110, 6210, 6215, 6310

/ John Deere 2955
Thanks. I’m going to look at a M9540 & an Agco Allis 8765 some time this week. Both have less than 3000 hours.

/ John Deere 2955
I don’t know anything about a Agco Allis, are they a good brand???