JOHN DEERE 2305 FUSE BLOCK QUESTION

/ JOHN DEERE 2305 FUSE BLOCK QUESTION #1  

chazdo2

Bronze Member
Tractor
walk behing power drive 21
Im tearing my hair out with this machine! Keeps blowing the 10 amp fuse on the inside of the white fuse block near the coolant reservoir. Then the PTO doesnt work! I have a schematic but only shows 2 fuses and the fuse in the diagram is good. Anybody know where the four fuses in the block go to?

/ JOHN DEERE 2305 FUSE BLOCK QUESTION #2  
Have you checked your OM? Everywhere I've seen these discussions claim that fuse is a 40A. :confused:

Possible Causes:
1. Short Falt to ground.
2. Bad PTO Solenoid.
3. Bad Start/Run Solenoid.
4. Bad Key Switch.

/ JOHN DEERE 2305 FUSE BLOCK QUESTION #3  
Some pics may help render an answer for you.

To poke around for the short that is causing the fuse to blow, rig up a jumper with a 12v bulb to plug into that fuse spot that blows.

Attachments

• Short_jig.jpg
    Short_jig.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 71
   / JOHN DEERE 2305 FUSE BLOCK QUESTION #4  
^^^Everyone should make one. I'm a retired electronic technician. A lamp in place of a fuse is fantastic because it's now a current limited circuit. Otherwise you just keep blowing fuses! A bright light means a heavy load (i.e., short). Now if it's a 10 amp circuit and normal current draw is, say, 4 amps the light will be bright even if all is well...you can just use a higher current bulb like incandescent headlight.
When bulb is bright you find short by unplugging things one at a time, moving wires, etc.