John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins #1  

roberbots

Tractor
John Deere 2020
I have a late serial number JD2020 with the swept back front axle and am in the process of replacing the pins and bushings in the front end. The front pivot pin, located in the axle assembly is easy to remove and replace. The rear pin in located in the front sub frame and (I think) would require removal of the whole front end nose assembly (casting, gas tank, radiator, hydraulic pump, etc.) to press and replace. My question is does anyone have any experience driving the pin out while the front housing is still on the tractor? Thanks

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins #2  
No experience, but TM (tech manual) says to drive the pin out. Sounds like a big hammer job.

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins #3  
Long pin and a big hammer.
To fit new pin use m12 readybolt with big washer an pull in by helping with a copper hammer from the rear.
I made a vid but do not know how to send it on this form

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins
Thanks for the input. I see that some of the replacement pins have a locking ring on both sides where it goes through the casting. do these parts have a lighter press therefor easier install?

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins
DLTTrekkers, Your front nose base must be a different casting than mine. I can't put a pin through the front bushing to drive out the pin due to interference from the front of the casting. I only have enough room to short stroke a swing from a hand sledge.....not enough force to move the pin.
20210519_200851.jpg
20210519_200625.jpg

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins #7  
I did use a 3/4 round bar about a 36 " long after I removed all the wights and the bracket for the wightes

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins #9  
When I did this last year on the 2130 I cut it with a hacksaw blade and then pushed it out by hand. Mine was stuck in there tough and I couldn’t punch it out not matter how hard I tried. You couldn’t use a piece of threaded rod with a nut and washer on the back and a piece of pipe on the front to make room to pull it through?

/ John Deere 2020 Swept back axle pivot pins #10  
The pin at the rear ...to get it out it must go to the rear to get it out.
The pin at the front...hit it from the ftont and it wil go to the rear. The front halve wil have wear and that wil help you to get it out !