Loader John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #1  

V1BuzzBomb

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
While under machine inspecting, found a couple of things.

First, the rear lower loader boom tower bolts were loose. There are four per side. The fronts are easy to inspect and tighten. The rears are a PITA, especially with a cab. I've seen the nightmares here if they loosen and get out of hand. I tightened them to 150 ft/lbs. Does anyone know the factory torque spec?

Secondly, It appears that the loader boom hard lines under the driveline are bent. I received the machine like this. Someone must have driven over something and got one or both caught. They don't leak and I'm uncertain if I try to straighten if they might. I suppose that it is mostly a cosmetic issue, although, there is a slight kink in one pipe out of the front of the diverter. That may slighty restrict flow. I may be able to confirm original pipe shape/bends with image from machine without similar issue. Image of loader boom piston hard lines under driveline, diverter and forward.

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #2  
What size are the bolts? Are the heads marked with a grade such as 10.9?
Other than replacing the hard lines, I think trying to rebend will make them worse or break.

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #3  
I agree with Zebrafive

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #4  
Did you ever find the deere spec on the loader bolts?

Matt

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #5  
While under machine inspecting, found a couple of things.

First, the rear lower loader boom tower bolts were loose. There are four per side. The fronts are easy to inspect and tighten. The rears are a PITA, especially with a cab. I've seen the nightmares here if they loosen and get out of hand. I tightened them to 150 ft/lbs. Does anyone know the factory torque spec?

V1BuzzBomb, Thanks for the post.
I had check my loader bolts a while back and I tightened them to 125 ft/lbs. I didn't realize there were 4 bolts. Somehow I missed the upper bolt that is hidden from view. After checking the 2 hidden bolts they were under torque. I re-torqued all the bolts to 150 ft/lb. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
   / John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines
Well, I took a chance and went ahead and did it. I straightened those hard lines and actually got the kink out in the process. These lines are about $60-$70 each new. With the count being six, that's rather expensive! I used a short sheathed double "D" end nylon sling, a nylon ratchet strap, a soft face hammer and an old fashioned adjustable wrench. I wrapped the sling around a pipe at a time and anchored the ratchet strap hook to the front tractor tie down hoop. I would load up the ratchet a few clicks and then alternately rap the sling around the pipe and tweak/bias the square union fittings of the pipe juncture with the adjustable. It may not be perfect, but it's close. Here are the before images.
110tlbhardlinesbefore3.jpg110tlbhardlinesbefore2.jpg110tlbhardlinesbefore1.jpg

Last edited:
   / John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines
Here are some after images. No leaks appeared upon test, whew!
110tlbhardlinesafter4.jpg110tlbhardlinesafter3.jpg110tlbhardlinesafter2.jpg110tlbhardlinesafter1.jpg

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #8  
I thinks its time for a belly pan.:D:drink:

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #9  
Hey Folks,
I'm new to tbn but i am very interested in getting a 110 but this issue about the housing cracking has me a bit concerned. It seems that the cause is the loosening of these large structural bolts. I certainly understand and agree with the torque striping of the bolt heads to be able to identify when the bolt is backing out but,,,, did anyone ever try using Loctite to keep the bolts from backing out in the first place. You could even use one of the more aggressive Loctite products whereby it's almost impossible to get out which i think would be fine since you would almost never have a need to remove these bolts. Just a thought.

/ John Deere 110 TLB Loader Boom Piston Hard Lines #10