Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer"

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer"
Tempered glass is made to fit and can't be cut. But it is available as special order. If you can't find a replacement part or door, I think a good glass shop can get a replacement made for it. Between ovens and wood stoves, I'll bet it's not too uncommon.

850-THX FOR THAT BIT OF NEWS. and I'll bet its pricey- I was cleaning my Vermont Castings woodstove last fall and installed all new gaskets. I took the retainers off one door and glass was tough getting out . took retainers off other door and expected it too would be stuck and glass fell out on floor! $$$$!

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #13  
I had a tempered glass door made once for a stereo cabinet. It was even smoked glass. The glass shop was able to match it pretty darn close, and even knowing it was a different piece, you couldn't really tell. This one had 2 glass doors side by side. I know that glass was tempered, but it have been a different "tempering" than what you would need for a high heat temper oven door? I'd call a couple glass shops.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #14  
In my last house, I had a fireplace with glass doors. The grate design had some short comings and one of the doors would get broken. Had a local place that would cut and temper, would order 4 at a time.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer"
Guy-just an update- I did a "chat" on Jenn airs website-(chat gives you a printed transcript). Very polite gal referred me to an outside parts vendor and of course when I followed up on that got a .."no longer available" response.

ended up taking door to a glass company who will let me know tomorrow if they can do anything. The only concern the gal I left it with was if in fact they could get the holes drilled to accept door handle

Bottom line absolute BS on the part of Jenn Air. 8 year old $3000 appliance and they don't support it.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #16  
Bottom line absolute BS on the part of Jenn Air. 8 year old $3000 appliance and they don't support it.

You are correct in feeling that way. Hopefully the fab shop can set you up for years to come. I have KitchenAid dual ovens I put in last year, I hope there is no connection to JennAir.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #17  
850-THX FOR THAT BIT OF NEWS. and I'll bet its pricey- I was cleaning my Vermont Castings woodstove last fall and installed all new gaskets. I took the retainers off one door and glass was tough getting out . took retainers off other door and expected it too would be stuck and glass fell out on floor! $$$$!

Wood stove glass is flint glass, and a whole different game.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #18  
My parents installed a Jenn-air stove in their new house and had problems over and over with it through the years. Finally, they became good at scrounging parts and buying extra of what failed. It was always a regret to them that they bought one initially. I think the reason they did was the downdraft vent they needed.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #19  
My last two houses have had moderately "high end" kitchens. Because of the problems in getting parts and service on less than 10 year old appliances our new rule is to stay with mid range units. I think because of the lower production numbers they drop support of the more expensive models and they are less reliable because of the complexity.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #20  
My last two houses have had moderately "high end" kitchens. Because of the problems in getting parts and service on less than 10 year old appliances our new rule is to stay with mid range units. I think because of the lower production numbers they drop support of the more expensive models and they are less reliable because of the complexity.

This is my experience exactly. I bought a house with a high-end kitchen -- Viking, Bosch, GE Monogram. The stove, fridge and dishwasher were probably $15,000 together new. Lemons all. Poor design and impossible to get them fixed. I've since replaced the dishwasher and the fridge and we're limping along with the stove. What's tough is that the cabinets were designed around the dimensions of the appliances which limits your choices in replacing them, or you have to replace the cabinets too. It's a racket.