Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer"

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Well bought almost 9 grand worth of new Jenn- Air appliances 2/09 including a 3000 buck double oven. Wake up one morning last week and upper oven outer door completely shattered. Oven had not been used night before-no explanation. In any case, call to dealer- "sorry, part no longer available"-click!

Wife goes to Jenn-airs web site- same response. Criminal in my mind that an 8 year old appliance is not supported. Anyone have any luck going to a glass house and just getting a square of tempered glass cut?

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #2  
I have had several custom pieces of glass made, to include a curved glass replacement door for an antique secretary, but I've never had an oven door window need replacing. I'd call around, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get one made. Aren't they double pane glass?

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer"
I have had several custom pieces of glass made, to include a curved glass replacement door for an antique secretary, but I've never had an oven door window need replacing. I'd call around, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get one made. Aren't they double pane glass?

Slim-Nope There is an inner glass, then about a 1" air gap and then the outer glass-which is the one that shattered. the glass by the way in the case of this Jenn Air is the exact dimension of the outer door case. Nothing but a square. when you open the door you see the glass sandwiched by the external steel ri, and the internal one inch inner case. should ber easy for a glass house to cut I would think but again, would feel a lot more comfortable knowing someone has done this-don't want have a turkey in the oven and the room full of grandkids when the glass fails!

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #5  
Have you checked to see if the entire door is available? Probably more expensive but beats an entire new stove.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #6  
8 years is not long at all for a major appliance. Is the lower over door that same to use as a template? JennAir should be ashamed of themselves but you should be able to have something made. Or aftermarket as is suggested above.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #8  
Check Craigslist. I bet you could cruise the appliances and pick up another one cheap from someone doing a remodel

Brett

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer" #9  
Tempered glass is made to fit and can't be cut. But it is available as special order. If you can't find a replacement part or door, I think a good glass shop can get a replacement made for it. Between ovens and wood stoves, I'll bet it's not too uncommon.

/ Jenn air Oven outer glass-" sorry we don't stock that part any longer"
6 responses in the hour since I posted this odd ball question. Another example of why this site is the best!

Yeah guys I've done the web and all the aftermarket parts houses come up with the same-"no longer available. Ebay comes up with a lot of Jenn Air door glass but none match my model number. I will call Jenn Air direct in AM (8 am-8PM) and see if there is any commonality but I doubt it.

Rusty s-yes that was another option and I'll try that too with respect to a "junkyard door"

ThNK YOU ALL
BOB