Sickle Bar JD mdl 9 sickle mower?

/ JD mdl 9 sickle mower? #1  

jeff77indy

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 4110 Mahindra w/ M112 loader and Kubota B2910 w/ loader.
I have a model 9 JD mower and would like to mount it on my 4110 Mahindra, the only lift arm mounts I have are for an 8N Ford which is what my uncle and dad used it on.
Anyone have an idea of the correct mounts to use? I have looked in a #9 manual and there are a number listed, or has someone come up with another mounting option for the larger lift arms?

Thanks.

/ JD mdl 9 sickle mower? #2  
I have made those brackets for my JD 9W to fit my NAA. I will take pics and return... Dave

The bars are extended because I did not know the proper length needed when I built them.. They were too short and subsequently the cutting bar would not adjust to lay flat or even a little downward.
You will have to check the lift arm spacing (width) and adjust the brackets accordingly to match up to the width of the arms on the mower.
That is what I did.... others may have better solutions to the problem... I used steel I had in the barn and they do work... A pain in the arse to hook up but I never had the opportunity to hook up factory brackets so..... what do I know... If you have any questions ???? Ask... Dave

Attachments

• Sickle bar bracket  2.jpg
    Sickle bar bracket 2.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Sickle bar bracket  3.jpg
    Sickle bar bracket 3.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited: