JD L130 Question

/ JD L130 Question #1  

diekruzen

Hello All,

Last year I bought a L130 and pretty much ever since purchasing, the tractor backfires when you turn it off. The engine stops, you wait for about 5 seconds and BANG. I contacted the store where I bought it because it was scheduled to be 'winterized' and asked them why I get constantly get backfires. He said that sometimes backfires happen and it is normal. I find that highly unlikely since the Kubota, Cub Cadet, and Deere owning neighbors I have do not have the problem.

Any thoughts on what is happening? Anything info would be appreciated. I just want some 'ammo' when I call the dealer again.

TIA,

Pete

/ JD L130 Question #2  
I have a LT133 and can make it backfire consistantly by turning it off with it throttled up. Does your tractor idle high?

/ JD L130 Question
Hello DHennet,

Hmm. I move the throttle level down to the botton every time I cut the engine. I'm not sure if my tractor idles high, I really don't have anything to compare it to.

Thanks again for the response.

/ JD L130 Question #4  
Hi,
My L120 used to backfire bad on shutdown. moving the throttle to lowest position before turning off really did address it - not really a fix, but it doesn't scare everyone either.

/ JD L130 Question #5  
Try experimenting with the throttle. I shut down my B&S at full throttle. No backfire. Some have said a medium throttle has worked. Others at minimum throttle.