JD 750 Doesn't Move on High Speed

/ JD 750 Doesn't Move on High Speed #1  

AlfonsoO

Tractor
John Deere 750 Compact Tractor
Hello. I have a JD750 20HP compact tractor that just got back from getting the engine overhauled. Engine runs great and blow by is gone. Loader and 3point work fine. I was using it this morning to move some dirt to cover some holes in my drive. Went back and forth from dirt pile to driveway a few hundred feet away several times. Turned off the tractor to work the dirt over the holes with my shoes. Got back on the tractor to go get more dirt. Put it in Hi speed, engaged 6th gear and it would not go. Was at a slope headed up but had been able to go before. Moved it to low speed and engaged 4th gear and it went. Put it back into high speed and 6th gear and it started traveling fine on the level surface. Eventually noticed that it would just not go in any gear on high speed. It would go on any gear in low speed but would gradually slow. It barely moves now. Low speed still lets it move some but really slow. High speed is no go on any gear or reverse whether on a slope or level ground.

Any insight is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 12.05.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 12.05.02 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 86
   / JD 750 Doesn't Move on High Speed #2  
Welcome to TBN

Clutch problem maybe?

/ JD 750 Doesn't Move on High Speed
Well, the stick goes into gear when depressing the clutch. But when I pull the clutch out, it feels like it attempts to go but does nothing else no matter what gear it is in while on High. On Low, it goes really slow on the lowest gears (1,2) 3 barely goes and 4 doesn't go at all just like in the High gears.

/ JD 750 Doesn't Move on High Speed #4  
Are the brakes dragging? Sounds like a clutch issue.

/ JD 750 Doesn't Move on High Speed #5  
Welcome to TBN
Your description sounds typical for traction clutch slipping. Goes clutch operating pedal have any free travel space before throw-out brg contacts fingers on pressure plate?

/ JD 750 Doesn't Move on High Speed #6  
Clutchpedalfreetravel ?