JD 7130 e-SCV failure. Need rebuild.

/ JD 7130 e-SCV failure. Need rebuild.
Are they only leaking when the hose is inserted? Or all the time?

If it's just when the hose is installed, look at the far right diagram Zebrafive posted, number 3 is what you need, it's a o-ring and a Teflon washer that fit in the back each coupler, you will need patience and a small (pick set helps) to replace them.
Don't worry about hurting them coming out, going back in with new ones is when you have to get them straight and not bend the Teflon washer.
It's really not hard, just tedious.

They come in a kit of ten or twenty I believe it is, so be prepared, you will need them all eventually anyway.
I go through them like candy it seems like, and yes they will allow a lot of fluid to pass when they are used/worn.

The Teflon washer goes in front of the o-ring as you can see in the diagram..

Speaking of tubes / hoses, I cleaned up the back end then started inspection. I found 2 hoses per SCV. Here is a pic:
SCV Hoses1.jpg

Then I tracked the hoses and found that the exterior (furthest away from cab) one went to ground, while the interior (closest to cab) hose was disconnected from the back of the hydraulic fill tube. I reconnected it:
SCV Hose Disconnect.jpg

No wonder I lost so much oil in so short a time! When I witnessed oil coming out of the "transmission" tube, it was really flowing. There are no clamps, which tells me that they are designed for very low quantities. Anyone care to guess what each type of tube does?

FWIW, I removed one of the allen-wrench caps (it was Very tight) for the check valve, but did not get into it yet. Put it back together until I have a higher priority project completed. All of this information is very helpful. Thanks to all.

/ JD 7130 e-SCV failure. Need rebuild. #22  
Speaking of tubes / hoses, I cleaned up the back end then started inspection. I found 2 hoses per SCV. Here is a pic:
View attachment 556814

Then I tracked the hoses and found that the exterior (furthest away from cab) one went to ground, while the interior (closest to cab) hose was disconnected from the back of the hydraulic fill tube. I reconnected it:
View attachment 556815

No wonder I lost so much oil in so short a time! When I witnessed oil coming out of the "transmission" tube, it was really flowing. There are no clamps, which tells me that they are designed for very low quantities. Anyone care to guess what each type of tube does?

FWIW, I removed one of the allen-wrench caps (it was Very tight) for the check valve, but did not get into it yet. Put it back together until I have a higher priority project completed. All of this information is very helpful. Thanks to all.

Then inner tube is supposed to be "clean" oil, so it is retuned to case. The rear tube is "possibly" dirty oil so it goes to the catch bottle, so as not to pollute.

/ JD 7130 e-SCV failure. Need rebuild. #23  
The inner hose that connects to the transmission tube should have zero oil flowing after hose is connected and operating. If it flows oil when scv is engaged, then the coupler is bad and needs to be replaced/rebuilt. If the outer hose leaks oil when in operation, then most likely the oring in outer side where hose tip plugs in needs replacement or possibly hose tip could be damaged.

Then inner tube is supposed to be "clean" oil, so it is retuned to case. The rear tube is "possibly" dirty oil so it goes to the catch bottle, so as not to pollute.

Hmm. The rear tube does not have a catch bottle and appears not to be designed to have one, for the end of the tube is pointing straight down at about hitch level.

The inner hose that connects to the transmission tube should have zero oil flowing after hose is connected and operating. If it flows oil when scv is engaged, then the coupler is bad and needs to be replaced/rebuilt. If the outer hose leaks oil when in operation, then most likely the oring in outer side where hose tip plugs in needs replacement or possibly hose tip could be damaged.

Well I definitely have a problem then. The inner hose passed 5 gallons during 30 minutes of operation. That seems much more serious than the outer hose leak. FWIW, I faithfully clean all hose tips before inserting.

/ JD 7130 e-SCV failure. Need rebuild. #26  
I sent you a PM, I have four new couplers if you are interested.

UPDATE
We have a solution for your problem, Houston! And part numbers, too!

This issue has plagued me, and it appears that it has plagued JD as well, for they manufactured with one design, switched to a second design, and are now using a third design.

Original OEM for top+bottom SCV couplers (these are considered Deluxe couplers):
AL172003 & 004

Redesigned replacement SCV couplers (still considered Deluxe couplers):
AL210587 & 588

The latest replacement SCV couplers (no longer Deluxe - implements 'standard' couplers - Deluxe caps no longer fit):
AL221083 for both top and bottom.

Upon my final acquisition of couplers at JD parts desk, I was commenting that the newest couplers would not allow the Deluxe caps to be used. One customer spoke up and confirmed - cannot use the old caps; you are on your own to cap them. Buy generic $5 caps for each hole from the dealer if you wish.

FWIW, my dealer said he had 56 of the couplers on hand. That told me that there are a lot of replacements taking place.