Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #1  

750JDLA421

Tractor
John Deere 750 4x4 & John Deere 665 Zero turn
Have jd 665 zero turn 2013 great mower best cut I’ve ever had by far. Starting to pull harder on one side than the other. Tried to adjust the screws under handle no change the hydraulic pump wines when fluid is full drive belt doesn’t seem worn any ideas on wher to begin ?

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #2  
Hyd fluid full?

Time for filter and fluid change?

just guessing.

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #3  
Make sure your tire pressures are up/equal.

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #4  
It ain't one pulling more. It's one pulling less. I don't know if you have drive units or separate pump and drive. It it's a unit, time for a new unit.

I wouldn't go through JD, they didn't build that mower. Try to shop around. I love to beat the system.

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #5  
I've never heard of a JD 665 ZT mower. Anywho, there are adjustments on the sticks but that is usually just to get the sticks even when traveling in a straight line.

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #7  
Try changing the belt before panic sets in. In 30 years of turning wrenches professionaly, I have seen lots of ZTR's with twin seperate hydros have this issue due to a worn belt and it always only really affects one side, not both It wont look worn to the naked eye when just looking under it. But the belts get glazed and stretched, which will cause the belt to slip some as it goes around the pump pulley. Make sure to use OEM belts from JD, JD uses a belts with unique cross sections that fit the pulleys, also unique to JD. Their way of making you pay the piper for parts. Go thru one of the online dealers for OEM JD parts. If that does not solve the problem, then you might have one hydro going south, but start with the belt.

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #8  
Try changing the belt before panic sets in. In 30 years of turning wrenches professionaly, I have seen lots of ZTR's with twin seperate hydros have this issue due to a worn belt and it always only really affects one side, not both It wont look worn to the naked eye when just looking under it. But the belts get glazed and stretched, which will cause the belt to slip some as it goes around the pump pulley. Make sure to use OEM belts from JD, JD uses a belts with unique cross sections that fit the pulleys, also unique to JD. Their way of making you pay the piper for parts. Go thru one of the online dealers for OEM JD parts. If that does not solve the problem, then you might have one hydro going south, but start with the belt.

Good idea.

Probably a way to test the belts first is to swap them and see if the problem moves to the other side.

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #9  
When the belt is off, make sure the pulley is tight on the input shaft of the hydro unit. Seen a few come loose and it would work when cold, but once the pulley got hot, it would slightly spin on the input shaft as the splines were worn from being loose. It never made any noises like something was loose.

/ Jd 665 zero turn pulling to one side #10  
Make sure to use OEM belts from JD, JD uses a belts with unique cross sections that fit the pulleys, also unique to JD. Their way of making you pay the piper for parts.
Hard to believe that the belt maker only makes belts for one customer. That would severely limit the manufacturer's profits.

There must be another source of the belts.