JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer

/ JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer #11  
Just curious, did the short block come from a deere dealer? The part number for the short block substitutes a couple of times. but no notes on elimination of balancer. John Deere part number for short block is MIA882698.

/ JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer
it did not come from John Deere, I ordered it from Ebay.....China
maybe not a great idea, but..... you can see the different numbers on the two block in the attached pictures

It cost me $2100 when a John Deere Short Block Assembly Part Number: MIA882698 Price: $11,401.97

Thank you for your reply

Dan

/ JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer
Thank you Tx Jim!

/ JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer #14  
You're welcome.

/ JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer #15  
I would say go ahead and use it if you dont mind having some vibrations.

/ JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer #16  
New to the forum, so I thought I would do a little reading and if I can help anyone, so here is my 2 cents. You might try finding the right person at a yanmar industrial engine sales firm. As far as I know they are pretty tight with their distribution in the states, and the companies that are listed as distributors are usually trained. I know of a company called Ultraquip in San Antonio that I believe is a yanmar dealer. Might give them a call and see if someone could shed some light on the issue.

/ JD 4600 Yanmar 4TNE84 engine rebuild problem - Crankshaft balancer #17  
My John Deere 4600 tractor (2000) equipped wit a Yanmar 4TNE84 engine threw a connecting rod. I ordered a 4TNE84 short block to swap out. During the engine disassembly I find something very interesting that I cant seem to get an answer on.
The original engine has a crankshaft balancing unit that sits above the oil pan, driven by a gear on the crankshaft. The short block I bought doesnt have this gear on the crankshaft. It appears the oil passages are modified as well.
Did Yanmar change to a harmonic external balancer?
Can I still use this short block without the internal balancer?
has anyone seen this?
Thank you, Dan
just installed 2 of these engines in JD4600 tractors. you have the wrong engine. you can contact Wayne @crosspoint 317 618 1057 Indianapolis In. you will have to have complete engine sn. He will work with you Thanks Billy