JD 4200 SCV Rebuild

/ JD 4200 SCV Rebuild #1  

Surveyor4200

Tractor
JD 4200
After reading many different threads on here regarding the bucket cylinder leak down, I believe it is time for me to repair the SCV 3 spool valve on my JD 4200 (part #AM124970). I cannot find a rebuild kit for the SCV for that specific model. Green parts doesn't have it, ebay nope, regular google search finds a ton of generic JD rebuild kits - but nothing for this model. I really don't want to buy a new SCV for $1,400+, if it's possible to just replace the spool valves. Any help finding a rebuild kit/better advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 3 Spool Valve.jpg
    3 Spool Valve.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 61
   / JD 4200 SCV Rebuild #2  
A good hydraulic shop should be able to match up the spool o-rings,
Spools are almost never sold alone. If you need a spool, you need a valve, as the mating surface on the housing will be bad too

/ JD 4200 SCV Rebuild #3  
Keep in mind that even if you find a rebuilt kit, it will only fix an external leaks that you may have, as it will consist mainly on o-rings and backing rings.

Control valves relies on the close tolerances between the spool and the bore on the valve body to seal correctly and have very little drift down. Nothing will fix that other than a new valve.

/ JD 4200 SCV Rebuild #4  
I am curious if you made any progress. I had one of the plugs start leaking on my 2003 JD 4310 spool valve (LVA10901) start leaking because the heads are so rusted. However, the valve works fine still. If you end up having to replace your whole valve, I would like to know if you will sell the plugs out of the old one given they may fit my valve. JD does not even give them a part number even though they sell several other parts for the valve.