JD 310A DESTROKE VALVE

/ JD 310A DESTROKE VALVE #1  

Guy37

Tractor
Universal 643, John Deere 310A, Sumitomo SH60
For the last 10 years I have had to jiggle the steering wheel of this 1978 JD to start it. Not that much of a problem.
I had seen a loose wire but it did not bothered me since it was working properly. But I have learned recently
that a destroke valve can correct this. So I took a closer look and it seems the loose wire is connected to this
kind of valve. Now I have to figure out were it is to be connected to. Most probably somewhere on the starter
but I wish someone that does know exactly where can give me this information. Thank you.

Attachments

• DESTROKE VALVE.jpg
    DESTROKE VALVE.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 775
  • STARTER.jpg
    STARTER.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 726
   / JD 310A DESTROKE VALVE #2  
Without the aid of a 310A tech manual to view wiring diagram I will state attach valve wire to terminal on starter solenoid in photo.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    80.3 KB · Views: 289
   / JD 310A DESTROKE VALVE
Without the aid of a 310A tech manual to view wiring diagram I will state attach valve wire to terminal on starter solenoid in photo.

Thanks Jim. Here is the wiring diagram. Still, I cannot figure out exactly where is goes; maybe you can.
I have also included the description page.
Thank you.

Attachments

• JD .jpg
    JD .jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 444
  • E system .jpg
    E system .jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 379
   / JD 310A DESTROKE VALVE #4  
IMHO the reason one can't identify which wire in wiring harness that attaches to starter solenoid & DS valve is because the wires are not numbered IE identified. Notice in your photo there's 2 smaller wires attached to smaller posts on solenoid. As I previously incorrectly stated in my reply # 2 attach wire from valve to wire in 1st photo I posted one should attach wire TO OTHER SMALL POST ON SOLENOID. Then when starter is activated destroking valve will also be activated similar to when starting a gasoline engine that post on solenoid when attached to dist points will send 12 volts to points to help starting of gasoline engine

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    272.7 KB · Views: 342