JD 310 Loader Controls

/ JD 310 Loader Controls #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
This is going to seem like a dumb question, but I can't figure out where the autoleveling bucket control is on my 310SG. I need to turn off the autoleveling feature for most jobs and can't find it mentioned in the ops manual.
Any hints much appreciated.
thanks, rScotty

/ JD 310 Loader Controls #2  
This is going to seem like a dumb question, but I can't figure out where the autoleveling bucket control is on my 310SG. I need to turn off the autoleveling feature for most jobs and can't find it mentioned in the ops manual.
Any hints much appreciated.
thanks, rScotty

Isn't the self leveling feature a fixed feature?

/ JD 310 Loader Controls #3  
I don't know , but try checking at the loader arms, near the cab,
there could be a relief valve of some sort.

/ JD 310 Loader Controls
I don't know if this parallel bucket lift thing I'm describing is a fixed feature in the 310SG or an optional feature. If it really is fixed, then maybe it is somehow adjustable. There's too much snow to do much with it right now.

I'm going to try to describe better what I'm seeing. It does tilt the bucket back far enough to hold a load as I curl the bucket and lift it.....just not as far as I'd like. I like a bucket angle to depend on how I want to position the load. For a lot of loader work I like to be able to curl the bucket all the way to the stops when lifted so as to shift the load back away from the lip so it ends up more in the depths of the bucket. It's safer that way and better balanced.

This isn't my first loader - there's been half a dozen but mostly Ag machines. Though I'd say that what I'm wanting is a pretty common move for any loader operator. A load carried back from the lip doesn't spill so much when it's transported. But this machine won't do that. I curl it some when breaking out of the pile - everyone does. At that point it is curled almost enough for me to call it a decent curl when the arms are down. But as I lift it up towards maybe half of full lift to shift the load back, the bucket begins to rotate forward trying to stay parallel with that initial curl. It's not a totally bad thing...not unusable....it's just that loader operators sometimes need options for getting the load just right. He wants to be able to control the bucket attitude instead of the tractor making the decision. That's why most loaders have a control that allows the operator to select between full operator control over lift & curl versus a lift that keeps the bucket at that same angle to the ground as it goes up like this one does.

Maybe it's some kind of misguided safety feature. If the 310 really doesn't have that option I'm guessing that owners have figured out a work-around of some sort. I just don't know it.
rScotty

/ JD 310 Loader Controls #6  
Other than taking the control rod off there is no way to disable the feature. It is designed so the operator does not have to manually level the bucket as the loader is raised. It avoids material dumped on the engine hood. It can be adjusted so the rollback is more as the loader is raised but to remove the feature you need to take off the control rod. That will also disable the return to dig feature.