JD 260 skid steerer high flow conversion?

/ JD 260 skid steerer high flow conversion? #1  

Peter Shull

Tractor
john deere 260 skid steerer
I have the original JD 260 skid steerer which does not have high flow. Is there a way modify it so that it has high flow capability? Perhaps a conversion kit. I thas been a great machine but only having low flow has been a limiting factor.

Any advice appreciated.
Peter

/ JD 260 skid steerer high flow conversion? #2  
   / JD 260 skid steerer high flow conversion?
B,
Thanks for the reply. 74 HP low flow is 21.3 would like both low and high flow options with high flow between 30 and 35 gal/min.
peter

/ JD 260 skid steerer high flow conversion? #4  
Peter,
If you want both hi and low flow you would have to add the hi flow pump, valves, hydraulic lines etc. Might also require larger oil cooler, not sure on reservoir if they changed or not.

Deere would probably sell the parts but it is not going to be inexpensive nor easy to install.

Peter,
If you want both hi and low flow you would have to add the hi flow pump, valves, hydraulic lines etc. Might also require larger oil cooler, not sure on reservoir if they changed or not.

Deere would probably sell the parts but it is not going to be inexpensive nor easy to install.
Thanks. Given that it is a Deere I agree that it would not be cheap. I was hoping that someone has done this and could give me specifics.
Again thanks

I can easily check the reservoir issue simply by checking the existing size with other machines that have high flow. But the rest i need help.

/ JD 260 skid steerer high flow conversion? #7  
Peter
First question is there a place to power another pump. I did not look at Deere parts but would suspect that you would require either a pump with thru drive capabilities or a double or triple gear pump.
2nd is there a place on the reservoir for another pump inlet connection for that flow rate?

the rest is mounting a valve, running lines, etc. but those first two questions kind of dictate rest of assembly

thanks for the help
Sorry for the delay.