Comparison JD 2210 vs. 1023E vs. 2305

/ JD 2210 vs. 1023E vs. 2305 #31  
Glad to hear the 2210 is getting fixed. I had a broken tranny pto on my 2305. So I don't think they were much better. I was able to move up to a 2320, which I really enjoy. I'm a flat Lander though. ;)

/ JD 2210 vs. 1023E vs. 2305
Any update on the repair or replacement?

Bringing the 2210 down to the dealer today.

While nice they weren't much help so far in helping me to troubleshoot the problem - they were much more interested in selling me a new tractor.

With the help of the people here in the Forum I have been able to determine and isolate the problem with something to do with the tractors 4WD linkage in the transmission, including most probably the front wheel gear shaft.

The tractor works perfectly fine in 2WD, MMM works fine, rear hitch raises and lowers fine, and FEL works fine which tells me I have good hydraulic pressure, HST works, pto works.

I put the front of the tractor up off the ground using the FEL to test the front wheels when in 4WD and they move freely when manually turning them, and the front wheels nor the front wheel gear shaft turn when trying to move forward. In 4WD the tractor acts like it is in 2WD.

Anyhow, hopefully I will find out definitively what the problem is and cost next week.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike

/ JD 2210 vs. 1023E vs. 2305 #34  
If you did look a new(er) tractor, see one of the 3005's, I had always thought, a manual transmission tractor work better and last longer on hilly terrain than the hydros, I have a 790, previous version, and I like the four speed mechanical transmission, just put it in first gear and idle along, with the hand throttle, just like cruise control, and, they are not big, just right size for most,

/ JD 2210 vs. 1023E vs. 2305 #35  
I have a 2210 which I use with the loader and back hoe. I did mow with it but got to tired of removing the MMM to install the back hoe. I also have a hilly landscape. Maybe not 30deg but steep. 3ac worth with rocks thrre and clearing almost 1.5 ac with it. What i did to help stability was to place 2.5" wheel spacers on it. I have almost 700 hrs on it and the only problems have been those **** u-joints and now the forward pedal is stiff and slow. We just bought a 1023e with drive over 60d MMM and it is the easiest thing to remove and service. Wish the 2210 had that option.
Good luck
Steve