Loader JD 110 TLB weak front end loader

/ JD 110 TLB weak front end loader #11  
Most of the pallets of brick or paver stones (man made) I buy are roughly 3400 lbs. More than I wan't to pick up with my 110, I break down two full pallets into three short pallets.

Another reason for me to hold back an empty pallet or two...

I've been doing block wall and ordering pallets of Quickcrete concrete...

Never had tried to lift with the 110...

/ JD 110 TLB weak front end loader #12  
bmunsell,

You said this: The specs on the loader says I should be able to pick up 2350 lbs at five feet.

That weight is probably at the pins on the bucket. The further out you go, the less load you can pick up.

With the load 3 or 4 ft out on the forks, you will probably never lift the advertised load

If you put a stiff bar across the loader arms, and used a chain for lift, you could probably pick up the 2350 lbs.

You might be able to tweak up the relief setting. The hyd can handle the pressure, but the tractor might not.

Sometimes you can tilt the load and shift the center point and then lift.

/ JD 110 TLB weak front end loader
Time flies. Thanks for all the replies to date. Yes, I have a set of quicktach forks that go on in place of the bucket. I would have expected 2,000 lbs to be a really big load for the tractor to the point of being pretty unstable, etc. but it wouldn't even budge that pallet with 4 barrels on it.

We are in the process of getting it all checked out this weekend finally. So..... we'll see. Right now I need to find a service manual for the tractor.

/ JD 110 TLB weak front end loader #14  
your expecting too much of the machine. that pallet load with the barrels that far out ahead of the pivot pins is exceeding maximum lift. That capacity is at the pins and not 3 feet out in front of them. As far as going forward into a pile of dirt, it isn't going to lift like that. There is way too much poundage of dirt stacked on top. Try the same procedure with a large cat or case backhoe, you will get the same results depending on dampeness or compaction of the material and how much is stacked on the bucket. Especially while moving forward. The key is to go into the pile and while doing so while driving forward, curl the bucket into it. It will load that way. After you have a full curl, go ahead and start raising the bucket while backing out.

/ JD 110 TLB weak front end loader #15  
Just an FYI, I unloaded pallets of rice coal last week no problem. Pallet is the standard 40"x48" and 2400 lbs. It was a bit of weight but my 110 lifted it off my trailer, about 3 ft height with no problem.

I lifted a full pallet of hardwood flooring before that the lift wouldn't pick it up but the curl would. I leaned the pallet forward using the lift and down curl a little, this allowed the tractor side of the pallet to lift an inch, then curled up and it picked it up so I had a few inches of clearance. Steering gets hard to turn when not moving when at full capacity.

/ JD 110 TLB weak front end loader #16  
Ironically I have been searching information for exactly this same issue on a 110 loader I have. About 10 years ago I bought a new 110 loader/backhoe and loved the machine. After almost 40 years in the hardwood logging and sawmill business I have owner many larger excavating and material handling machines but this little 110 is a real jewel for convenience at my home and tight jobs. Anyway, about a year ago I wanted to order another new one and learned they were no longer available in the US. I found a very clean 2010 at a dealer in Canada with less than 400 hours so bought it and sold my older one. Perfect machine but I have noticed two major differences. One is that the newer machine has noticeably less lift power than the older one had. Second difference is the newer machine has noticeably slower ground speed than my older 110. I am now wondering if my machine could have been in a rental or lease fleet and was turned down for less potential for abuse. I just rented a Bobcat excavator in Montana and was told the machine pressures were turned down for inexperienced operators. I have been meaning to check the relief pressures.
Anyone have a similar experience with maybe a past rental fleet loader or had to turn up their pressures? Without a doubt my original 110 was faster, smoother, and more powerful than the 2010 I have now.

/ JD 110 TLB weak front end loader #17  
gterbo,
Lots of tractors have the relief out of adjustment for various reasons. From what you have posted it would seem logical to check yours, it may be set too low.