Jacking a B3200

/ Jacking a B3200 #1  

nlocsin

Tractor
Kubota
I would like to jack up a rear tire (or both simultaneously) to install snow chains on my Kubota B3200. I have both a floor jack and a bottle jack as well as jack stands. What I DON't have is any idea where a good jack point might be. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

/ Jacking a B3200 #2  
I jack both rear tires up to put chains on putting a bottle jack under the drawbar. Has worked well for me for 25+ years. I hope I'm still a month or two away from putting the blower and chains on. I need to finish my summer chores......

/ Jacking a B3200 #3  
You may be able to install chains as you would a car, without jacking. Simply lay them out with the inside of the chain facing up then drive onto them stopping about halfway. That's just a thought, I've never chained a tractor.

/ Jacking a B3200 #4  
I also suggest not jacking up the tractor - extra work, safety hazard.
Lay out your chains behind your tires and back up. Don't drive to the center (of length). Instead, drive enough to expose the chain from underneath the tire, and add about 8". This will allow you to drape the weight of the chain over the top of the tire, so you're not trying to hold up both ends, as would be required by Roadworthy's thought. You'll only need to hold up the weight of the 8" + exposed length that your revealed when you backed up the tractor.
You're backing up so you can see when the chain is exposed.

/ Jacking a B3200
I would like to jack up a rear tire (or both simultaneously) to install snow chains on my Kubota B3200. I have both a floor jack and a bottle jack as well as jack stands. What I DON't have is any idea where a good jack point might be. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Thank you! I'll try the safe approach (backing onto the chains) and keep the jack and drawbar housing option in reserve.

/ Jacking a B3200 #6  
I use floor jack but always use tire chalks for safety.

/ Jacking a B3200 #7  

/ Jacking a B3200 #8  
What he said...........

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 79
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
   / Jacking a B3200
Great alternative! Will try the string method....smarter beats brute strength.