It’s too hot to mow.

/ It’s too hot to mow. #141  
Says the man from cold country. :)
Lol,

I'm guilty as well. Now.

But growing up and farming/ranching in the desert north of Phoenix, AZ, I didn't know anyone with a cab. None of us had one. Heck I don't think I ever saw a cabbed tractor until the mid 70's when I went to Missouri to visit family.

We farmed in summer desert heat the whole time and didn't know any better.

Now I happily mow in summer up here (still gets upper 90's and humid) each summer in blissful A/C.

I've tried it both ways. I'll take the cab with A/C, thank you very much.

/ It’s too hot to mow. #142  
Plowed miles of snow last summer I'm tell'n ya. 10 feet deep in places and that was July 4th.
Kinda hard picking peaches in those conditions.
No it's not. Just stand on the snowbanks for better reach!

/ It’s too hot to mow. #143  
For the last month I've been mowing twice a week. It had been pretty dry here before that. Like some others, we have a yard and not a lawn. There's about 200' or so of creek that crosses our front yard with banks I whack several times each Summer. Other than that, glyphosate and mulch have eliminated the need to exit from the A/C'd cab for trimming. The 7-1/2' RFM takes care of everything.

I enjoy mowing and any other activity that includes tractor, equipment or tools. Mowing our 3-1/2 acres takes anywhere between a bit over an hour to 1-1/2 hours. This depends on the pattern of the week. Simple roundy-round starting on the perimeter can take just over an hour. Straight lines (East/West or North/South) a bit longer. Going diagonally can take about 1-1/2 hours. No need to rush. It's therapy for me.

Our first house was on 1/2 acre and I didn't look forward to using the walk-behind mower that wasn't self-propelled. When that mower wore out, we got a self-propelled and then a used box store rider. Really thought I had arrived when we got that (38"?) Ranch King rider:)

/ It’s too hot to mow. #144  
These are words not uttered by anyone with a cab and AC!

“feels like” temp in triple digits, heat advisory…no worries.
It's never too hot to mow, but unless things are well irrigated, there is, "it's too dry to mow." More than one wildfire has been sparked by the spinning blade of a rotary mower sparking against a rock.
I take the mower off the tractor in June and won't use it again until after a good soaking rain.

/ It’s too hot to mow. #145  
Lol,

I'm guilty as well. Now.

But growing up and farming/ranching in the desert north of Phoenix, AZ, I didn't know anyone with a cab. None of us had one. Heck I don't think I ever saw a cabbed tractor until the mid 70's when I went to Missouri to visit family.

Now I happily mow in summer up here (still gets upper 90's and humid) each summer in blissful A/C.

I remember not having AC in our house until I was about 9 or 10 and my grandma didn't get it in her house until I was grown and she wouldn't run it then, she would run a window unit in her dining room so we could be cool when we ate supper at night. As all my years as a lineman I worked out in it everyday all day and was tough to the hot weather, I could take it, but I have gotten a little sorry I reckon these days as I prefer to use my air conditioned cabbed equipment, my motto is if the AC don't blow I don't go. :LOL:

/ It’s too hot to mow. #146  
Lol,

I'm guilty as well. Now.

Mowing in a cabbed tractor with AC. For that you have to turn in your man card. :LOL:

/ It’s too hot to mow. #147  
Do our winters make up for it?

-40F without any of that "windchill" propaganda?

/ It’s too hot to mow. #150  
Careful when mowing in high heat. Most of the cool-season grasses used in lawns in this part of the country will not tolerate mowing much above 85F, it's a good way to kill your lawn. I know the warm-season grasses grown down south are different in this regard, but around here it's always advised to never mow on days with highs much above 85F, unless the lawn is getting plenty of water and doesn't show any signs of stress.

Had a neighbor completely kill 2.5 acres of lawn in 2014. He let it grow a bit tall, then whacked it all down to 3.5 inches on a 95F+ day in July, when it had also been pretty dry. Two weeks later, most of the lawns in the neighborhood had bounced back from the heat and draught, but his was dead. He ended up slit seeding the entire property that fall.
Yes Sir! I am not mowing as much right now for those exact reasons. I really don't mnd the heat while mowing as much as some do. I keep the cold Gatorade handy.