Iseki trans. lube

/ Iseki trans. lube #1  

Orchard guy

Tractor
Tu1500
Hello guys,I am new here so please excuse my mistakes. My question regards my. newly purchased iseki. tu 1500 and the lube I should use in the transmission ? A service manual for a tx 1500 says use. 80 wt. gear oil ( I don’t have a service manual for my. tu 1500) ,but my. understanding is that the hyd. loader. uses the. same lubricant for the hyd.system.I have had never used 80 wt. gear oil in a hyd. system.I am not sure about this one,so I would really appreciate your thoughts and. any suggestions.Thanks

/ Iseki trans. lube #2  
I bought a Bolens 21hp tractor (rebadged Iseke)brand new in the 70's and it called for the same 80wt. Both the dealer and the distributor said to use any name brand Hydraulic tractor oil. The machine is still being used by my son. The 1000 hour meter has turned over 4 over or 5 times.

/ Iseki trans. lube
Thanks for your comments,I had bought hyd. trans fluid rated for transmissions but wasn’t sure in light of what the. tx. 1500 manual said. So it. seems that I will be okay using it for mine with what you said.thanks again

/ Iseki trans. lube #4  
I also had gear oil in my back end until got my loader fitted, the hydraulic oil now in it has been fine since.

/ Iseki trans. lube
I also had gear oil in my back end until got my loader fitted, the hydraulic oil now in it has been fine since.
Thanks chrismac. I used transmission rated hyd. fluid,I appreciate the forum. and the.comments I have received .I want to keep the tractor in the best shap I can ,proper fluids. etc.It is about. 40 years old and has less than 300 hrs. on it.The owner before me kept it in their tool shed and took it out to till their garden in the springtime.It was. a rare find for north Idaho.Thanks again

/ Iseki trans. lube #6  
This has always been an issue with the Japanese tractors. I heard that the Japanese had a different oil rating system but the US model parts books recommend 80-90w. No US farm tractor since the 50's has recommended 80-90w. Yanmar recommenced JD303 or better which today is probably any hydraulic oil on the market.