Iseki/Bolens

/ Iseki/Bolens #1  

Jimbo16720

Silver Member
Tractor
Bolens h1704- IH 464- Kubota L245dt
I've owned a little Bolens 16hp 4wheeldrive tractor for 15 or more years and it's worked perfect. Only thing I ever had to do to it a new battery and add fuel. Great little tractor which I used to move dirt and snow and mow for a while. Now I bought an old Kubots L245dt with a 3-way hydraulic plow to do those chores. That little Bolens would snap a 6 inch tree in half if I pushed it with the back blade. Now everyone says if I sell it they want to buy it. I really hate to get rid of something that's been so good. If I had lots of problems with it I would have sold it already. I had the posthole digger on it and it dug good but was hard to pull out if you had rocks or roots. That's the main reason for the Kubota tractor, twice the lifting weight on the 3 point hitch. Now the Bolens is hydrostatic and the Kubota is gear drive, both 4wheeldrive. Wouldn't buy a 2wheeldrive unless it was just for field work. I paid $4000 for each tractor and got the plow, heavy duty tire chains, and some other small stuff with the Kubota, plus 4 tractor weights, I'll never use. Both great deals.
DSC01308.JPG
DSC01285.JPG

/ Iseki/Bolens #2  
I'd keep both unless someone had a bit of cash over the fair market value. Your Bolens looks to nice.

Do you have kids or grandkids, you could keep the Bolens in the family. Good machines are hard to come by a generation or two later.

And here are all the manuals for your Kubota.

/ Iseki/Bolens
I downloaded both the maintenance and operators manuals already and have an operator manual for the bolens. I'll keep both, always good to have a backup.