Is this an Oak tree?

/ Is this an Oak tree? #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
This tree got topped out when I much larger tree fell on it. I’ll cut it down and split it for firewood if it’s a decent tree for it. I think it’s some kind of oak but am not sure.
CFBF8245-65B1-45FB-96F9-53E164C1D364.jpeg
2D25F8BD-F4C5-4C66-937A-C7D6FD8ED3AE.jpeg

/ Is this an Oak tree? #3  
I wouldn't know which subspecies, but it is an oak of some type. Not all oaks have that leaf shape, but I believe only oaks have that shape.

/ Is this an Oak tree?
I agree, white oak. I think what made me question it was the few leaves left on the tree are big, bigger than your hand.

Last edited:
   / Is this an Oak tree? #6  
It's a white oak... without meaning no disrespect, the way I learned; Indians (or Red Men) used arrows to hunt, thus Pointy tips of the leaves were Red Oaks family; White men used bullets, which are round tips, thus rounded lobes on the ends of the leaves are of the White Oaks family.

There are so many species of oak but they are split into these two categories. White oaks have closed cells in there wood whereas Red oak are open cell. White oak is what you want to make boats out of (not Red Oak!) Red oak rots faster...

/ Is this an Oak tree?
I have Shingle Oaks to, which the leaves don’t look like oak leaves at all. I’m terrible at tree identification.