Price Check Is this a good price

/ Is this a good price #1  

mx5guy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
Hi everyone, I am pretty sure I am going to get a Kioti, either CK27HST or 30, the CK27 HST is $19200. with FEL and an extra $6600. for the Backhoe attachement frame mount, verly slick disconnect setup, two pin's drive away.

I am going to check out a couple of other dealers out. How's the Kioti for keeping it's resale value. Something I noticed at the dealer, the CK27 HST had gas tank up front, with a crome door to open and tank below, the ones on Kioti web site are all behind the drivers seat, what's up with that? im I looking at last yera smodel?

Final question for now would you go for the CK30 HST over the 27 same unit, I will be using it to level lot, get rid of stumps, and make a road or two on a 4 acre lot.

Thanks

/ Is this a good price #2  
Only the CK20 has the tank behind the seat. that is probably what you are seeing.

The extra hp of the CK30 is useful if you plan to use pto driven attachments that need it, like mowers, tillers, and snow blowers. I didn't neet the PTO power. So, I opted for the CK25 (no longer available). I have, however, used a 5" chipper behind it and it has performed just fine with that attachment, as well as with a post hole digger.

I doubt that there is any difference in performance between the 27 and the 30 for loader and backhoe work.

Can't comment on the price. Canada costs and dollars are different, and it's been almost 4 years since I bought mine. But, I think here in the states the price is closer to like $16K U.S.

/ Is this a good price #3  
Hi everyone, I am pretty sure I am going to get a Kioti, either CK27HST or 30, the CK27 HST is $19200. with FEL and an extra $6600. for the Backhoe attachement frame mount, verly slick disconnect setup, two pin's drive away.

I am going to check out a couple of other dealers out. How's the Kioti for keeping it's resale value. Something I noticed at the dealer, the CK27 HST had gas tank up front, with a crome door to open and tank below, the ones on Kioti web site are all behind the drivers seat, what's up with that? im I looking at last yera smodel?

Final question for now would you go for the CK30 HST over the 27 same unit, I will be using it to level lot, get rid of stumps, and make a road or two on a 4 acre lot.

Thanks

===================

With only four acres, I think you could save even more money. You should consider a CK-20. That's what I own and it is a little brute. I have built a road right straight through mature hardwoods ripping out every stump and log that got in the way. It is a good tractor to mount a 60" snowblower on the rear combining wiith the FEL for moving banked snow. The back hoe will dig a 6' deep hole with ease. Just as you say, the backhoe comes off in about 15 minutes.

Good luck with your new tractor I think you will be happy with your choice.
The Kioti is a very nice solid choice.

rim

/ Is this a good price #4  
In Sept I paid $19,500 for a new LK30 Loader /Backhoe.

/ Is this a good price #5  
You asked about resale value, compared to JD and Kubota probably not so good. For me it was save now or pay later. I saved thousands over a comparably equipped JD or Kubota, probably when I trade it in or sell it I will lose thousands. Good reason for me to hang on to it.:)

/ Is this a good price #6  
I have about the same amount of land as you and I bought the ck30 hst. The only thing I didn't like about the 20 was no mid range. The 27 was a nice machine but my dealer gave me a good deal on a 30 he had on his lot.

/ Is this a good price
Well thanks for the info so far, I do like the quality of the Kioti, warranty is better than average, I plan on keeping whatever I purchase resonably busy over the next 5 year for sure, and I have two son's so I am sure she will pay for herself over the next few year with projects, and the Kioti looks more than capable for the many jobs.

All my vehicles to date have been female, I am guessing a tractor would fall into the same catagory.:confused::)

/ Is this a good price
Hi Twoie, he is offering me a CK30 HST for $800 more than the CK27 HST, and for 2 extra HP on engine and 1.5 on the PTO, I don't know if it's worth spending the extra, would I even notice 2 HP?:rolleyes:

/ Is this a good price #9  
I'm with Rimshot. 4 acres is CK20 territory. I had one for that size plot and had to clear it first of 15 years overgrowth. CK20 did fine. It will pull a 5ft finish mower, 4ft hog, 5ft box blade or rake and mount a 6.5 ft BH. My avatar shows it is also a mean mother with a grapple mounted. You'll get more work done with the CK20 and an extra couple of implements than you will with the more powerful machine on that size plot. It's smaller footprint makes it more manuverable and easier to store. My only real beef with the CK20 is the two speed hydro which is fine for flat land but forces you to mow in low if you have hills, not the end of the world but a downside. Still, I'd advocate for one in your situation; don't ever underestimate the CK20.:)

/ Is this a good price
Thanks for you comments, I agree if I was to only use the tractor for the one Hilly rocky Cottage 4 acre lot, maybe the CK20 will do, but it's all part of a 5 year plan, selling one proprty not the above, and getting a larger one out of town later, she will help build a new house, and more, got to have long term plan.;)

Plus the CK27 HST is only $2700 more, bigger rig, with bigger FEL bucket, deeper digging on backhoe and a little more reach, more weight so more stability wile using backhoe ect.:)

My main concern, is pricing fair, Unit is a lot more expensive than a Jinma 284 or a Talon, that being said unit is ready to go when I pick it up, I will have a 4year warranty, dealer support, Kioti has much better quality that I can see, so for $25600, I just want to be sure I am getting a fair price, I would hate to find out I could have got it for $5000 less.:eek: So I am looking for input, good or bad, thanks.:)