Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400?

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #11  
If you want a loader, get one with a loader (and backhoe) - Keep the other one for the PTO and 3 point implements. If/when the workhorse gets long in the tooth, retire it and start putting the 3-point implements on the TLB unit.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #12  
These tractors have so much potential, I would say 6-7 grand minimum for the gc2300 and more if you find the right buyer. Tools hold their value really well.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400?
1st off, for those who might suggest getting a fel to add to your unit, it's very important you understand why a fel is expensive as an add-on. Remember that a tractor with no fel does not have the front valve which is much more than just a couple hydraulic lines. . . It's the valve and control arm and stanchions that the fel mounts to plus the hydro lines.

Now as for a "bare" tractor. . . . Units like that are desired for lawn care businesses or small towns who cut a great deal of parks. Also they use the 3 pt. For a 3 pt. Sprayer as well as seeders wood chippers, or post hole diggers or tillers or generators as well as flail cutters, bush hogs or finish mowers or pulling wagons or concrete mixers or a front or rear plowing blade or rear snowblower. I have a set of forks that I can use on my gel or on my 3pt.

My point would be . . . You are thinking a bare tractor is sooooo limited when a mid pto and rear pto give you many more options than a fel does.

Mine does have the loader control valve - it's used to raise/lower the snowblower.

I do believe that even as a bare tractor it has a lot of value, but the question is - does anyone else (besides you, AxleHub) agree?

These tractors have so much potential, I would say 6-7 grand minimum for the gc2300 and more if you find the right buyer. Tools hold their value really well.

Ah, ok - one more proponent of value for a "bare" tractor. Thanks!

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #15  
Around here, a bare tractor in that size will be worth $5000-6000, take the same tractor and add either a loader or a mid mount mower and its worth $6000-7500. Add both a loader and a mid mount mower and they ask $8000-12,000.
Add in a front plow or blower (in addition to the loader and MMM) and its a $11,000-15,000 tractor.

Aaron Z

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #16  
Craigslist sphere of influence is local and your target audience is local. A few hundred miles is about all most folks would travel to casually shop for stuff like this, and some, won't travel much more than 50 miles. Selling a small item on Ebay where easy packaging and shipping can open a national market to the seller, a tractor will likely have a very local market. Run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it. There's no other answer, really, to the original question. You just never know. Your incoming calls of inquiry or the silence of crickets chirping will tell you your answer.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #17  
Mine does have the loader control valve - it's used to raise/lower the snowblower.

I do believe that even as a bare tractor it has a lot of value, but the question is - does anyone else (besides you, AxleHub) agree?

Dw64,

It's about the art of selling, not voting a popularity choice. You only need one good buyer. While a Craigslist might be a choice for some, I'd put an as in your local "shoppers" and get at least 2 inches tall of description and small picture.

What price you get is largely determined by your desire to market it properly. A small township or small park department or school with a lot of grounds would be good or a truck farmer etc. Big operations aren't the best as they take bids and buy new.

"selling" isn't a sign on the unit. . . You want to "reach out and touch someone". Lol.

Around here, a bare tractor in that size will be worth $5000-6000, take the same tractor and add either a loader or a mid mount mower and its worth $6000-7500. Add both a loader and a mid mount mower and they ask $8000-12,000.
Add in a front plow or blower (in addition to the loader and MMM) and its a $11,000-15,000 tractor.

Aaron Z

Wow. Maybe I should start buying tractors here and trucking them out to your neck of the woods...

I paid $6200 for mine with front blower and cab...

It's about the art of selling, not voting a popularity choice.

Yes. I do understand that.

At this point I'm inclined to just get a mower that will work on it (MMM or 3pt) and run it for the first year. I may end up deciding I want a bigger tractor as our new property is a total of 40 acres and about 9 of it is open and will need to be mowed in one way or another (about 2 acres lawn and the rest field/pasture). I understand there is a farmer in the area that may be willing to cut it for the hay, or maybe even pay a few dollars for it, but that will depend on the quality of the field, soil and grass type - all of which is currently unknown to me.

Thanks for all the ideas/feedback.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #20  
Yes. I do understand that.

At this point I'm inclined to just get a mower that will work on it (MMM or 3pt) and run it for the first year. I may end up deciding I want a bigger tractor as our new property is a total of 40 acres and about 9 of it is open and will need to be mowed in one way or another (about 2 acres lawn and the rest field/pasture). I understand there is a farmer in the area that may be willing to cut it for the hay, or maybe even pay a few dollars for it, but that will depend on the quality of the field, soil and grass type - all of which is currently unknown to me.

Thanks for all the ideas/feedback.

Dnw64,

I think there is a secret desire in many of us, to spend a bunch of time riding on our tractors cutting grass without a care in the world except keeping the tractor running and being paid enough to do that about 20 hours a week for several months a year. No I wouldn't say the same for tilling or farming or anything like that. . . . . Just cutting grass/lawn.

It would be a stress reliever and and visually you could see results and a sense of accomplishment. A pleasant escaor from turmoil and politics and distractions of media and advertisers etc.. But most don't talk about it because of so many other reasons. Lol.