Is it time to consider electric?

/ Is it time to consider electric? #162  
That could be one advantage for buying a brand for which there are aftermarket batteries that simply plug into the mower. With some of the battery mowers, they don't even tell you what batteries they use or where you can get them.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #163  
That could be one advantage for buying a brand for which there are aftermarket batteries that simply plug into the mower. With some of the battery mowers, they don't even tell you what batteries they use or where you can get them.
If there was no aftermarket battery's for some tool I was contemplating, this would devalue it by 50%.

Last edited:
   / Is it time to consider electric? #164  
Here are some Ego battery's found on Amazon. Can't say they are good or bad.
1714664128456.png

Last edited:
   / Is it time to consider electric? #165  
Always nice to have options.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #166  
Amazon has aftermarket battery's for them. I can't comment on these but aftermarket ones for my Makita tools have been pretty good.

I had aftermarket Black and Decker NiMH batteries that were better than the OEM batteries.

I had an aftermarket Milwaukee M18 Lithium that was complete junk. Dropped it once and dead.

I've been reluctant to get other aftermarket batteries, but perhaps it is worth reconsidering.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #167  
I had aftermarket Black and Decker NiMH batteries that were better than the OEM batteries.

I had an aftermarket Milwaukee M18 Lithium that was complete junk. Dropped it once and dead.

I've been reluctant to get other aftermarket batteries, but perhaps it is worth reconsidering.
When I was running dewalt cordless tools X years ago, the aftermarket battery were 100% junk. It took a few years but they eventually did make good ones and this is why I'm looking at a Ego mower. Its been around for a few years AND battery's are available.

Last edited:
   / Is it time to consider electric? #168  
When I was running dewalt cordless tools X years ago, the aftermarket battery were 100% junk. It took a few years but they eventually did make good ones and this is why I'm looking at a Ego mower. Its been around for a few years.
Both Greenworks and EGO have been around for several years, and make good electric equipment.

EGO has settled on 56V batteries, and stuck to it. So, all batteries are more or less compatible.

Greenworks has 24V, 40V, 60V, 80V, and 82V batteries. Perhaps even other orphaned batteries. A nightmarish mess. And, the 80V and 82V batteries are similar enough that it is crazy to have made the distinction. I have a rib on my 82V saw that I need to chisel down to make both fit.

I haven't tried the aftermarket Greenworks batteries (I don't run EGO). Perhaps I'll give them a shot. I've purchased used batteries on E-Bay from time to time with good luck, but got a few bad ones recently. :(

/ Is it time to consider electric? #169  
We have a Greenworks 40V string trimmer that we bought a couple years ago. Wife can't pull start any engines due to shoulder issues. The battery stopped taking a charge after the 3rd use. I called them. They sent us a new one right away. It's still working 2 years later. So we'll see.

/ Is it time to consider electric? #170  
I keep speaking of this Ego zero turn I'm "going to get" which still sits in storage at my dealership... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: