Is it spring?

/ Is it spring? #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
I had a ole "rogue" cow knock down the electric fence around one of my round bale stacks and generally made a mess of things. After much loud discussion about her heritage, personnal behavior and habits and just how many White Castle burgers she would make she proceeded to tear up a good 5 stand barbed wire fence before going back in the right field. Well long story even longer while patching up the fence I came up on a 3 ft blacksnake none to happy to see me. I'm not a snake hater so I let him crawl off and I hope he eats a truck load of mice. Snakes are out, plus flies and skeeters spring must be close. I usually try and turn the cattle out to summer pasture April 1 but they may go early this year.

/ Is it spring? #2  
New cold snap coming this weekend pretty chilly in fact

/ Is it spring? #3  
I do have a tint of green showing up in my field. I drill seeded oats a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it's warmer in KY than it is here in Utah. :)

/ Is it spring? #4  
Our area is slowly greening up but the 'ol wx man says we could still expect snow. I'm hoping we have another early spring/summer like last year so I can be out riding my motorcycle by the end of this month. I know it will be riding wx when my dog brings in the first of this years crop of ticks.

/ Is it spring? #5  
<snert> My Mum would always say not to put your winter stuff away yet... there's always one more cold snap coming. (Mind you, she'd repeat this mantra until [your] June)

Listen to your Mum! :laughing:

/ Is it spring? #6  
A good weather forecast website without ads and a gazillion menu options is
Windyty, wind map & forecast

Image of the layout for all of the USA (today) one can see the big cyclonic systems out over the oceans.
windyty.jpg

At the bottom of the screen is a slider bar for the forecast. Just click on the day in the future (out to 2 weeks). It does an excellent job of showing temperature plots with wind speeds indicated by the length of the arrows.

/ Is it spring? #7  
WOW westcliffe!

That map actually shows that the weather events don't magically disappear once they reach the Canadian or Mexican boarders.

/ Is it spring? #8  
About a month ago here the trees were in full bloom here in California.

/ Is it spring? #9  
Dirt roads are muddy and rutty and soft maple maples ready to pop there red buds geese are flying north,seems everything couple weeks early this year.

/ Is it spring? #10  
My Mom used to quote this every spring, Guess she still does. She is going to be 92 the end of this month.

Spring has sprung,
the grass has ris,
where last years careless driver is,
Berma shave
Ed