Is Availability Coming Back?

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #21  
Having worked in mgt for 22 years with several companies, and then starting my own company, I can say with certainty, that the biggest hurdle for US companies to make money is gov't regulation. All of the crazy a$$ hoops you have to jump thru, fees, inspections, OSHA, EPA, and on and on and on.

Unions aren't helpful for productivity, but they pale in comparison to the expense of gov't regulation. Foreign countries don't have 1/10th of the regs that we do.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #22  
We put $$ down on can-am made 6x6 this past fall which might/hopefully show up this summer. Normally time frame for atv's is late winter/spring. This week we got an general email notice from BRP's precedent who talked about their manufacturing issues. He apologized for time delays more than once and mention among many problems they were short of assembly workers and that office staff had been doing some. He said they were adding storage, parts inventory and creating more assembly locations.

I say, world wide manufactures have been relying on "on time" parts and it appears that BRP is somewhat moving towards "we need to stock some" parts system. Has anyone else seen this?

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #23  
How many times do we hear politicians say “we just want big business and wealthy Americans to pat their fair share”. What that really means is more than their fair share. Big business and wealthy people can afford to pick up and move to another state or another country.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #24  
After Nafta made it easy to move manufacturing to other countries like Mexico, people I know would commute from Texas to Mexico for work.
JIT (Just in Time) manufacturing really caused a lot of the ripple in Manufacturing. Once the supply chain slows, the whole flow of devices just stops. Good way to save costs until something goes awry.

I still see many dealers with few ZTs, tractors etc. in my area.
Funny thing is it looks like all the grills that got delayed, showed up this year, along with the ones made this year.
So the box stores have stacks of them on sale. I also saw Home Depot with enough sacks of dirt, mulch etc. to fill up a section of their parking lot as they could not fit it in the store.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #25  
Businesses go where they can make the most profit. The USA is a terrible place for a business to make a profit.
Years ago, a friend of mine worked at an American battery manufacturer. One day his boss told him, “we’re closing our facility in PA and moving to China. You have one assignment left and that is to travel to China and help set up our new manufacturing facility”.

It took about 6 months to do that. He and he and his coworkers lost their jobs forever. At least he was “lucky” in that he got an extra 6 months to help train the Chinese workers. Most were laid off within a month.
Prime examples of the result of high environmental policies and tax.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #26  
car dealer lot are still empty around where I am from .... but this sound promising...

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #27  
Thank the Unions for that.. and the present administration. Hopefully that changes in the near future.
Present administration? Companies have been offshoring manufacturing since the 1980s. That ship has sailed, and the US consumers are perpetuating the situation. There is a limited US market for US goods, mostly people who have significant resources. For example, my US made Whites boots are fantastic for $500. Most people buy the Asian brands for $150.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #28  
How many times do we hear politicians say “we just want big business and wealthy Americans to pat their fair share”. What that really means is more than their fair share. Big business and wealthy people can afford to pick up and move to another state or another country.
But they don’t. Research the number of billionaires who reside in California and New York.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #29  
Prime examples of the result of high environmental policies and tax.
You don’t think that wages and health insurance benefits are a significant factor? Especially health insurance. Yes, environmental policies are a factor, but I wouldn’t want to live in an industrial area in China. The reports are pretty gruesome.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #30  
You don’t think that wages and health insurance benefits are a significant factor? Especially health insurance. Yes, environmental policies are a factor, but I wouldn’t want to live in an industrial area in China. The reports are pretty gruesome.
We're not moving to anywhere in China...