Is Availability Coming Back?

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #11  
I was in Chihuahua City in 2019. I was amazed at all of the giant new factories; huge spanking new facilities with new housing subdivisions surrounding the factories for workers. Ford, Polaris, and many other US companies. And saw the modern Southern Pacific rail lines that transport these goods to the rail port of entry in Santa Teresa, NM. Also on the drive I saw miles and miles of agricultural fields and orchards: pecans and other fruits, vineyards, and vegetables. Mexico is rapidly becoming the production powerhouse of North America. Not saying this is good for the US, just describing what I saw. I guess it’s better than buying everything from Asian countries.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #12  
Businesses go where they can make the most profit. The USA is a terrible place for a business to make a profit.
Years ago, a friend of mine worked at an American battery manufacturer. One day his boss told him, “we’re closing our facility in PA and moving to China. You have one assignment left and that is to travel to China and help set up our new manufacturing facility”.

It took about 6 months to do that. He and he and his coworkers lost their jobs forever. At least he was “lucky” in that he got an extra 6 months to help train the Chinese workers. Most were laid off within a month.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #15  
O
Companies that do that should find it FAR more expensive to import their products back to the U.S., if they were allowed to do so at all.

Abandoning U.S. workers for profit should yield no gain.
Or workers in the US should realize that this is a global economy and that supply and demand, not magical wishes and dreams, dictate wages. It is unrealistic unions and burdensome regulations that push companies offshore.

The alternative to moving out of the country for many of these companies is to go out of business altogether. You cannot force a person to employ you and pay you whatever you want.

I'm not a fan of business with China because they are not a free market, the government owns and controls most businesses, even those who are 'independent '. China has no respect for international law vis-a-vis intellectual property. The flip side is China is a huge market that we have been trying to tap since, well, at least Marco Polo.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #16  
Always a possibility. However, i cannot say i have seen the same, getting worse where i am at
Don't know where "i am at" is at ?? Help with a profile update. tks

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #17  
Companies that do that should find it FAR more expensive to import their products back to the U.S., if they were allowed to do so at all.

Abandoning U.S. workers for profit should yield no gain.
Thank the Unions for that.. and the present administration. Hopefully that changes in the near future.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #18  
Businesses go where they can make the most profit. The USA is a terrible place for a business to make a profit.
Years ago, a friend of mine worked at an American battery manufacturer. One day his boss told him, “we’re closing our facility in PA and moving to China. You have one assignment left and that is to travel to China and help set up our new manufacturing facility”.

It took about 6 months to do that. He and he and his coworkers lost their jobs forever. At least he was “lucky” in that he got an extra 6 months to help train the Chinese workers. Most were laid off within a month.
This sounds exactly like what happened to Zenith Television. They had a facility in Springfield Missouri. It moved to Mexico - I had a friend who worked there and his last job was to go to Mexico and train workers. I think that was about 25-30 years ago.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #19  
O

Or workers in the US should realize that this is a global economy and that supply and demand, not magical wishes and dreams, dictate wages. It is unrealistic unions and burdensome regulations that push companies offshore.

The alternative to moving out of the country for many of these companies is to go out of business altogether. You cannot force a person to employ you and pay you whatever you want.

I'm not a fan of business with China because they are not a free market, the government owns and controls most businesses, even those who are 'independent '. China has no respect for international law vis-a-vis intellectual property. The flip side is China is a huge market that we have been trying to tap since, well, at least Marco Polo.
While I cannot disagree - I think you are basically right, it is concerning that WE are the global market for China. And other countries have experienced what we are doing - Spain for example. I think sometimes someone felt we were too good to work at factories and that our product is tech. Then we know where that went - mostly stolen. Or maybe I should say "given away." We didn't seem to care about that.

I know it doesn't sound practical, but at one point I wished the gov would build a factory and give it to the employees with a managing company to insure success(it is taxpayer money). Product? Don't care, what ever will sell. Apparently Chips. What would a 5 billion dollar factory look like in your town to hire residents? OR what does the next 5 billion look like that the gov is giving away.

Just a few years back, when the banks collapsed, and many were propped up with our tax dollars, we spent billions to support some of our banks. I wished, at that time, we could have simply cleared the mortage of those who were losing their homes, that may have kept many in their home and the money STILL went to the bank to keep them from failing. What a thought - helping taxpayers with taxpayer money.

Back the thread. Around here, some JD dealers seem to have a pretty good inventory, but a lot of it is the sub compact and not farm level equipment. Kubota seems to have better stock in mid-sized compacts. I hope it gets better, and the PRICE LOWERS TO NORMAL. Whatever that will be. I think when everyone has stock, maybe dealers will have to be more competitive and prices may lower.

/ Is Availability Coming Back? #20  
Not sure what inventory is saying these days. My local JD has had a lot of inventory. Local Kubota, not much at all. No idea if the JD inventory is sold or not. Couldn't get anyone to bother to help.

Maybe less inventory is higher sales and deliveries, or maybe it is inability to get stock.