iPod Portable Amplifier

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #1  

Buckeyeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T2290
Does anyone know where I can get a portable amplifier without breaking the bank for my iPod so I can hear it while mowing the grass? I've tried some headphones with a volume control that I use with my scanner at the race track but not enough power. When I have the iPod at full volume you can't hear the music when the blades are engaged and engine rpm's are up there. Any suggestions? Thanks

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #2  
Yup. Stop doing that altogether. I used to hate when people would tell me that. But now I'm feeling the effects. I'm 36.

Now it's earplugs all the time when running equipment. I'm not deaf but I do struggle alot in conversation. Sorry for the rant. I just wish I would have listened. But dam I miss loud music

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #3  
Yup. Stop doing that altogether. I used to hate when people would tell me that. But now I'm feeling the effects. I'm 36.

Now it's earplugs all the time when running equipment. I'm not deaf but I do struggle alot in conversation. Sorry for the rant. I just wish I would have listened. But dam I miss loud music

Sad but true:(

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #4  
I have the Bose noise cancelling headphones that I use with my ipod. You can listen to music clearly without turning the volume way up. Yes, they're a bit pricey, but I read here that John Deere makes a set that is less money. I figured with as many hours that I spend mowing my lawn, plus I like to listen to music it was money well spent.

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #5  
I throw on a pair of muffs and have ear buds in. Don't have to have the volume too high at all. I try to wear hearing protection with most all my equipment.

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #6  
I have the Bose noise cancelling headphones that I use with my ipod. You can listen to music clearly without turning the volume way up. Yes, they're a bit pricey, but I read here that John Deere makes a set that is less money. I figured with as many hours that I spend mowing my lawn, plus I like to listen to music it was money well spent.

+1 for the Bose QC2's, I love mine!

My friend has the JD ones and likes them a lot: Shop for John Deere Active Noise Canceling Headphones - GX22225 at The Home Depot

/ iPod Portable Amplifier
   / iPod Portable Amplifier #8  
Wow! If these things work and I don't have to crank it up I'm on it. Anyone know if they have them at Lowes? Didn't show on the website and HD was internet only. I have two hours of weedeating to do today. Mama is going shopping today think I'll ask her to stop by and check.

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #9  
I throw on a pair of muffs and have ear buds in. Don't have to have the volume too high at all. I try to wear hearing protection with most all my equipment.

^ This. Cheap, easy, and effective. The little in-ear buds work very well for me. No need to blast the music, or spend $$$

Z.

/ iPod Portable Amplifier #10  
I used the head phones inside the ear protectors, that works pretty good or I use the radio head phones, I would go with eathier one