International 434

/ International 434 #1  

JPemble

Tractor
International 434
I have a gas 434 that I’m having issues with. I’ve replaced the carb, regulator, points and condenser with no luck. It doesn’t idle properly and sputters almost out completely while idling. Gas flows out of the top of the carburetor when it almost dies. People have told me to just put a for sale sign on this machine because it is junk but I’m not willing to give up just yet. Anyone have issues like with with their 434?

/ International 434
Yes that’s the one. I’ve also checked and replaced the spark plugs.

/ International 434 #4  
If you've replaced the carb, then we're guessing the needle and seat are OK.

I didn't see air cleaner in your list. Make sure that whole path is cleared.

I had an IH2500b gas engine ( c200) that I couldn't get to run correctly.

I had trouble with the electric fuel shutoff solenoid on the bottom of the carb, a leaking float in the carb (half full of fuel made it not float), bad needle and seat, and the gear on the bottom of the distributor's shaft had come loose, which effectively gave it variable timing.

Have you checked the timing?

/ International 434 #6  
I also moved your post over to the Case IH forum. You might get more relevant hits over here. I left a re-direct in the original forum that will expire in 2 months, so you should see it in both forums until then.

/ International 434
Thank you. A mechanic we know checked the timing by listening to it but We haven’t put a timing light on it yet. We will have to get one and check that. I’m also going to check the gear on the distributor. It runs worse the longer it runs too. I’m hoping someone has experience with these things. It doesn’t seem like many people do.