International 244

/ International 244 #1  

SpannMan

I stopped to look at a tractor on the side of the road today. Here is the information from the sale card.

3 cyl diesel, fresh rebuild
2656 hours on the meter
9 speeds forward, 3 reverse
5 ft woods belly mower L59
5 ft KingKutter blade
3 point hitch
Draw bar with 2" ball hitch
Fully Serviced
Execellent Condition

It did look to be in very good condition. I have never owned a tractor this size. I currently own a 2001 John Deere 355D garden tractor with a 48" snow blade on the front.

What can you folks tell me about this IH 244 tractor? Seems like a lot or hours, but I admit I do not know how many hours are on the motor since the rebuild. Are there things I should look for or watch out for on this tractor?

Any help or pointers will be appreciated. I would like to gather as much info as possible before calling the sell.

P.S. I do not need another tractor, but I want one.

/ International 244 #2  
I sold my IH 244 last spring. Garage kept, 577 original hours, TSC 5' brushog, BMB 6' belly finish mower, 2WD, Turf tires, front weights. It was mint.........$6800.......for the package.........Approximate year was 1988........3 cyl mitsubishi diesel, 9 fwd, 3 rev, 2 stage clutch, live hyd. They were built by mitsi for IH and later case/IH...........Tom

/ International 244
Thanks for the info. The fella wants $4550 according to the flyer. I was just wondering what a tractor like this should be selling for.

/ International 244 #4  
As long as you can feel confident about the motor work it's a good deal.........old ford 8n's are selling for $3K and don't have live hyd or 2 stage pto...............

/ International 244 #5  
We have a 234 International 4 wheel drive and we love it. The 244 is the same tractor but is different horse power. Where is this tractor for sale at and how much? Was it 4 wheel drive?

/ International 244 #6  
Price seems about right if its 4x4, i would be a bit a little more confident if the new motor had a couple hundred hours on it to be sure it stuck ok.