International 1300 sickle mower setup question

/ International 1300 sickle mower setup question #1  

TommyJD790

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 790, Farmall Super C
I picked up a used 1300 sickle mower. Other ones I've seen have a chain connecting the swivel arm to a stationary bracket on the frame of the mower.

Mine has a cable and a pulley. What is the cable supposed to attach to ?

Thanks,
Tommy

/ International 1300 sickle mower setup question #2  
The cable attaches to a stationary point on your tractor. I connect to the fixed hitch using a turnbuckle. The turnbuckle allows me to adjust the cable length some. Jim

/ International 1300 sickle mower setup question
Awesome. Thanks Jim. I'll try that out today.

Tommy-

/ International 1300 sickle mower setup question #4  
If you get tired of adjusting the cable and have a liking to a hydraulic lift, these folks make one. I have it and it has made a big difference in how the rake performs. Mowers - Rowse Rakes

They still make all the parts for the 1300 as they are using the origional design. I have had good service and advice from them.
Operating manual http://www.rowserakes.com/assets/si...mower/singlebar-mower-manual-june-23-2016.pdf Shows how to set your cable up.
Parts Parts - Rowse Rakes

One lesson I have learned is be sure the knives and guides are in alignment and sharp, I use Hershel serrated knives on mine with good results Herschel Parts Home

Hope this helps.

/ International 1300 sickle mower setup question
Thank You. This is very helpful.

Looks I will need to replace the eye bolt for the tension spring and the gag rod because the threads are worn down, and I need to adjust this differently than the previous owner.

Thanks again,
Tommy-