Interesting conversation with a Ram technician at dealer service dept.

/ Interesting conversation with a Ram technician at dealer service dept. #62  
There must be more to that story.
Yea....manifold is sealed and not where the air goes in the engine.

Was good left up and air ff
Ilter lid left out or something?

/ Interesting conversation with a Ram technician at dealer service dept. #63  
Disagree. Ford had extremely high failure rates on the 6L & 6.4L diesels. I owned 3 of them. If Ford would have stepped up to the plate and covered them the way Ram offers to with complete dealer service, I’d still be buying Ford. Those engines were junk and Ford never gave me a PENNY of help after the warranty expired.

The point I made with my opening post is this Ram dealer will cover failed components, beyond the warranty on not just engines, but transmissions, transfer cases, axles, etc. IF the dealer service it regularly and no signs of abuse. It’s not a 100% guarantee, but at least a very good chance.
It’s NOT just the engine.

The 6.7L Cummins engine I own does not have a high failure rate like my previous Ford diesels, so I’m not worried, but the offer of peace of mind beyond the warranty is welcome assurance.

So yes, I’d rather buy from a dealer who at least will give me a chance at helping me beyond the war
Disagree. Ford had extremely high failure rates on the 6L & 6.4L diesels. I owned 3 of them. If Ford would have stepped up to the plate and covered them the way Ram offers to with complete dealer service, I’d still be buying Ford. Those engines were junk and Ford never gave me a PENNY of help after the warranty expired.

The point I made with my opening post is this Ram dealer will cover failed components, beyond the warranty on not just engines, but transmissions, transfer cases, axles, etc. IF the dealer service it regularly and no signs of abuse. It’s not a 100% guarantee, but at least a very good chance.
It’s NOT just the engine.

The 6.7L Cummins engine I own does not have a high failure rate like my previous Ford diesels, so I’m not worried, but the offer of peace of mind beyond the warranty is welcome assurance.

So yes, I’d rather buy from a dealer who at least will give me a chance at helping me beyond the warranty.
I've worked with and around many 6.0 and 6.4 liter International engines installed in ford F250's and F350's. Most of them ran up into the high 400000- low 500000 mark, albeit with repair work along the way. These motors didn't detonate like the ones you are discussing, the Eco diesel! And surprisingly Ford still outsells Dodge by a large margin and at a higher price. Coincidence? I personally don't think so.

/ Interesting conversation with a Ram technician at dealer service dept.
And I’ve seen more grenaded 6 & 6.4L engines than any other small truck diesel, too.

Show me all those Powerstroke s in farm tractors or heavier trucks. None.
I can show you a LOT of farm tractors with 5.9/6.7 Cummins in them.

Ford would definitely outsell “Dodge” Cause Dodge aint built a truck for 12 years.
It’s Ram now. Might want to get up to speed on that.

I don’t give a damn about sales numbers. McDonalds sells a lot more burgers than anyone else, but if I want a good burger, I’m not going to McDonalds.

Last edited: