Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections?

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections?
Everytime I think maybe I've found that spot it turns out to either have the same or different issues.

The world is becoming more crowded and I'm already at the phase when I can say remember when...

Good point about multiple location may tip the scale in favor of self insurance...

My one claim in 40 years was assigned to the tenant for a kitchen grease fire.

So while I was reimbursed the tenant was being sued by my carrier and stopped paying rent... ended up going back to Shreveport Louisiana...

Can't fry fish during the Super Bowl and leave the kettle unattended to watch the game...

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #34  
sister's washer hose burst while no one was home. Flooded the entire downstairs. Major mess and repairs.
I had the washer’s filling sensor fail one evening and it overflowed. Thankfully I was home and noticed it quickly. Hey! feet aren’t supposed to be wet when traversing the kitchen. I don’t leave a running washer alone anymore.

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #35  
If we are sharing flooding stories, I had just stepped out of the shower, and my wife started screaming hysterically in the basement. Her voice sounded so urgent that I didn't put on a stitch of clothing before investigating.

The very first pressure fitting had popped off of the main water line where it came into the house. We had a 1.5" open water line, and it looked like an open fire hydrant.

In spite of the urgency, I DID put on clothes before going to the end of the driveway to shut off the water. That was a big mess that would have been much worse if we weren't home.

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #36  
Resideo (who once was, and is known as Honeywell) makes a wi fi water leak detector. Part # CWH3610W8001 you can generally pick it up for like $50-$60. It's battery operated and will last 1 year on batteries no problem (claim is up to 3 years) and it can be mounted anywhere in the home.

I get wi-fi isn't your friend, but if you don't generally have water leaks and the insurance company wants some kind of dectection system, does it really matter how great your wi-fi is?

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #37  
after a leak under my basement sink caused quite a mess, i installed the Yolink leak detector system. its WIFI, so you have to have active wifi available. i got it thru Amazon. works great. i also added freezer, refrigerator temp alarms, and added transmitters in wifes greenhouse and potting sheds. the greenhouse is 300' away from hub and works great. never drops out. can set alert levels. i installed the temp transmitters in the doors of the freezer, and one time i got an alert while i was at work. i called the wife, and she told me she was cleaning the freezer and had the door open for about 30 minutes.

Moen also offers a leak detector and a water shut off device. system is called FLO. ive installed these in cabins.
I was looking at Flo. However my biggest fear of leak is the pipe coming into my pressure tank from the well. I think I want something that shuts off power to the pump I could rig up a relay if a leak sensor has an output to trigger it.

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #38  
You'll own nothing, and you'll be happier than ever...

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #39  
Some of the leak detection systems don't require an internet connection. You have to look in the manual to find out. They'll have a non-learning mode. Of course it may be less accurate.

Some carriers have been requiring these for a few years. With all the cancellations where I am, lots of people are changing insurance carriers. Some have run into this new requirement.

If you do let it connect to the internet, its a near certainty that your usage data will be sold to data brokers.

/ Insurance requires home water leak detector and drone inspections? #40  
Resideo (who once was, and is known as Honeywell) makes a wi fi water leak detector. Part # CWH3610W8001 you can generally pick it up for like $50-$60. It's battery operated and will last 1 year on batteries no problem (claim is up to 3 years) and it can be mounted anywhere in the home.

I get wi-fi isn't your friend, but if you don't generally have water leaks and the insurance company wants some kind of dectection system, does it really matter how great your wi-fi is?
I'm guessing the insurance company wants it monitored. That's why I suggested taking a look at the Water Cop. It's not monitored, but you install it in the main line. If any of its sensors detects a leak on the floor, drip pan, etc., it shuts off the water to the entire house. Might suffice for insurance needs. Would have to check.