Installing 3pt hitch

/ Installing 3pt hitch #1  

TC135

Tractor
BX25
Have searched the entire forum for an answer on installing a 3pt hitch on my tractor (BX 25) and haven't found anything that could help me. The problem I am having is getting the bracket assembly to slide over the lower link pin while the lower link assembly is attached to the frame of the tractor.
Is it a matter of adjusting the lower links and a little persuasion or is there a simple procedure I am missing. Thanks

/ Installing 3pt hitch #2  
Can you post a picture? That might help diagnose the problem. The 3pt's on the BX are kind of a pain to install.

Do you have the upper links already installed prior to putting the lower armsover the pins?

I install the lower arms first, then install the lift arms.

/ Installing 3pt hitch #3  
If the bracket assembly is what has the cotter and clevis pin to hold it on the bar, the trick is the pin or bar that mounts on the tractor, there are round spacers about 1" thick that slide over the 18" pin. They lock the pin in place by sliding into the groove on the tractor bracket. They are not prefectly round. They have a flat side that slide into the tractor mount. Once in, there is enough room for the lower bracket to slide on and hold everything in place. Then you lock the bracket in with the cotter and clevis pin.
You definitely have to mount the lower assembly first, then just lift and pin the arms on place.

I remember the first time I tried I almost threw the spacers out, not knowing what they did.

/ Installing 3pt hitch
If the bracket assembly is what has the cotter and clevis pin to hold it on the bar, the trick is the pin or bar that mounts on the tractor, there are round spacers about 1" thick that slide over the 18" pin. They lock the pin in place by sliding into the groove on the tractor bracket. They are not prefectly round. They have a flat side that slide into the tractor mount. Once in, there is enough room for the lower bracket to slide on and hold everything in place. Then you lock the bracket in with the cotter and clevis pin.
You definitely have to mount the lower assembly first, then just lift and pin the arms on place.

I remember the first time I tried I almost threw the spacers out, not knowing what they did.
Thanks, that was the trick I was looking for. Nothing I seen in the Literature said anything about putting those bushings in the tractor frame. Should have known though with the flat spot on the bushing that it would fit into frame.

/ Installing 3pt hitch #5  
If swapping between 3 pt and BH, I would remove the pin and hairpin clip and replace with a bolt. Run a thread in the hole and use a bolt. SO much easier. I lost the hairpin clips a few times in the grass since it so small. One part instead of 2. ;)

/ Installing 3pt hitch #6  
If swapping between 3 pt and BH, I would remove the pin and hairpin clip and replace with a bolt. Run a thread in the hole and use a bolt. SO much easier. I lost the hairpin clips a few times in the grass since it so small. One part instead of 2. ;)

I've dropped the pin in the grass several times and have been lucky to find it. Good tip.

I remember the first couple of times putting the 3PH on. Man, did I do a number to my knuckles. That 1/2" steel doesn't give at all. alot of swearing.

But like anything, you get better with experience. I can take off the BH almost as fast as that Messick video on YOUTUBE. Putting it back on is a bit slower, but not bad. The FEL is much more foregiving.

Now that most of my projects are done, the BX is my regular mower. I leave the 3PH on for the rake when I need it.