Injection pump ?? FORD 1600

/ Injection pump ?? FORD 1600
It just depends on where you get it repaired & what they find..
& the pump removal isn't fun..
Did you ever take off the back cover, inorder to get to the control rack??
IF NOT, don't forget about the spring & shim in there..

No sir. I'm quite weary of that. Especially since it doesn't look like most pumps on other 1600s. I don't know what I would be looking for either.

/ Injection pump ?? FORD 1600 #12  
Under the cover is a spring.. NOT a big strong spring that's gonna shoot out atcha.. Just a long "pen" type spring..
Once you have the cover off, you'll be able to get ahold of the control rack that moves the fuel on & off..
Just grab it w/ your fingers & see if it moves.. most times all it takes is to push & pull on it afew times to loosen it up..
Then put the spring on the knob on the cover, make sure the other end goes into the rack & bolt it back up..
. what are you afraid of?? It ALREADY doesn't work.. Lol

Copy that......good point. I'll keep ya posted and again, thanks. I can't afford a whole new pump. Especially aggravating since I've never had any issues with this tractor.

Under the cover is a spring.. NOT a big strong spring that's gonna shoot out atcha.. Just a long "pen" type spring..
Once you have the cover off, you'll be able to get ahold of the control rack that moves the fuel on & off..
Just grab it w/ your fingers & see if it moves.. most times all it takes is to push & pull on it afew times to loosen it up..
Then put the spring on the knob on the cover, make sure the other end goes into the rack & bolt it back up..
. what are you afraid of?? It ALREADY doesn't work.. Lol

I took the back plate off and pushed on the "rack" a few times and found nothing broke. So I closed it up added oil, and tried her again. SHE FIRED UP!!!!!!

Thanks allot for your help. I'm guessing it got stuck for some reason? Low on oil maybe.

/ Injection pump ?? FORD 1600 #15  
They don't like to sit.. ADD some fuel conditioner to the fuel..
.. & keep the pump topped off w/ FRESH oil..Oil goes stale after awhile too..
I knew your could do it w/ a little instructions.. Congrats..