Loader Information

/ Information #1  

Workingman01478

Tractor
cub cadet 7000 model
Cub photo 02.jpgCub photo 01.jpgCub photo 03.jpgCub photo 02.jpgCub photo 01.jpgCub photo 03.jpg

I hope the photos attached properly, I recently purchased this tractor, it has (according to the hour meter) 778 hours on it, the person originally gave me the wrong serial number but I figured it out, what he gave me was a model number with some other numbers thrown in, why ? who knows, anyway, the model is a 54A-413D100, the photo shows a brushog which he sold but he included a 4ft Rhino with the purchase for 3500, did I get ripped ?
When he brought me the tractor, it has a 3 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel engine, it ran fine, hydrolics worked fine, all checked out good, it was a little dirty, but no big deal, I realize I bought a used tractor, so a little is to be expected, I started brushogging my pasture, after checking the fuel, oil, water etc. it worked fine, except for right off the bat I noticed that the weight distribution wasn't right, too much on the rear, couldnt turn very well, made some adjustments, added a little weight to the front end and it worked better but it still "skitters" when I turn it, then I noticed it was getting hot, I thought GREAT, so I stopped, checked it out a little better, all seemed fine, but I thought I would remove the thermostat for now, it was saturday, until I could get the part from a dealer, I did that, changed the fliud, changed the oil, tried again, still the same problem, I got to messing around under the hood while it was running and I guess I bumped a wire, temp went to cold, so I found the wire, wiggled it and the temp gauge jumped around, so I stoped it, cut the old connecter off, it was attached to a sensor, which is located just below and to the right under the thermostat housing, the sensor and the connecter were corroded, so I changed the connector wire, cleaned the end of the sensor and re-connected the connector, tried again, this time it stay's in the green but still gets close to the hot side, I think it may need a new radiator, not sure or that one rodded out, anyway I was looking for a front loader for it, was hoping somone out there had an idea what I was looking for, maybe some advice on what year it might be, what accesories etc, seems to be a strong running little tractor, and it's just about right for me and what I do.
Any advise, comments, suggestions ?
Thanks

/ Information #2  
If it's getting hot regularly, check your air filter first. This is usually the problem, especially when bush hogging. Also, you can use compressed air to "clean" out your radiator fins.

/ Information #3  
Welcome to TBN........................
Below is some info from tractordata on your tractor which says they were built from 1998-2003. It may be hard to find a loader (model CC 475) since they haven't been made for a few years but you never know what you may find on CL. If you can't find one and really need a loader you may need to look for another tractor that comes with one. Maybe some other CC owners will chime in and know of a source.
I'd try some radiator flushing before pulling it and taking to the shop.
If you can't find a loader you may be stuck using it as a mower or for whatever other 3 pt. accessories you can use.

TractorData.com Cub Cadet 7000 tractor information

TractorData.com Cub Cadet 7000 tractor attachments information

/ Information #4  
Not to be over simplistic but start with the easy stuff... radiator fins sound plugged blow it out with air.. make sure you blow it out in the right direction.. From Motor side out. Fins get plugged easily when bushhogging due to the weed chaf floating around.. in fact you will probably have to stop every half hour or so if it is real bad.

If someone blew it from the wrong way it could be pluged pretty good.. use air first and get as much as you can with air.. then use water.. do it with the motor cool.

/ Information #5  
When you mow, set the brush hog up so that the front end is a bit lower than the back, an inch or less will do. This will reduce the amount of power needed to run it since you will only be cutting the grass once and the blades will run in the clear on the back end.

/ Information
Thank you so much for all the usefull information, really did not expect to get this type of response, but thank you, I located the tractor ID information, metal tag on the right side frame, about midway between the back tire and front, I tried to upload a photo but it does not seem to work this morning.
Here is the info, as it appears on the tag, hoping someone can help me clearly identify my tractor since it seems to be nigh on impossible to just look up the number somewhere;
Tag, starting at the top;
MTD for a growing world
Model/Serial no.
7000 20964
the next is in black and partly scratched, code no. ?
54A-413(possibly another digit or letter here)-100
Made in japan (unfortunatley)
I was hoping to find out the year, exactly what engine, as much information as possible on my specific tractor, the more I know the better off I am, right ?
The person told me it was a three cylinder Mitsubishi diesel engine, is there an engine number somewhere I should look for ?
Thanks again for all the valubale information, it is all very helpfull.
Thanks

/ Information #7  
The engine is a 3 cyl. Mitsubishi as per tractordata. Should be the same for all years it was built. For year you'll need to take the numbers you found to a dealer.
Photos need to be resized smaller in order to post. There is a size limit which is why you pic didn't load.

/ Information #8  
There is a screen in front of the radiator that pulls out to be cleaned off, so double check it make sure its not plugged up with dirt/grass. My 7305 barely gets into the green so it should be running pretty cool vs hot like it is for you. As far as a loader goes, aftermarket is going to be about the only way to find one. The factory loaders were built by Woods if I remember correctly. Could get pricy if you buy a new loader ($3-5K), so Id try to find a small used loader and make it fit. Once you put a loader on it that will take care of steering issues for you.

See if this link works for the owners manual if you don't already have one

http://www.mtdproducts.com/equipmen...de=&modelNumber=7000&serialNumber=54A-413D100