Buying Advice Info on mahindra 2538

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #91  
There are a bunch of Mahindra dealers within an easy haul distance from me. Buying local doesn't figure in as my county has very little of any retail stores, no red lights, no industry. Might be important for you to buy local but not possible for many in rural areas. IMO, if I keep someone in a job by use of my disposable income I feel just fine no matter where they may live. We buy online/over the phone as the only logical choice on most items.
My kawasawki Mule made someone in WV a payday and the dealer 25k west of me lost a sale over his $2,000 reluctance to sell lower.
My car was purchased as a factory delivery in SC from a selling dealer in MO, not KY. My truck came from an OH dealer who had the best deal, not the closer, higher dealers. price points often range over thousands of dollars on tractors, cars & trucks, not money I'm anxious to toss away.
Minor rant over. I'm still looking for the best deal.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #92  
If it's of any interest my dealer is about 50 miles away but in the first year he has picked up and hauled the tractor to his shop and brought it back twice for warranty service at no charge to me. Just saying, you get what you pay for.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #93  
That's nice but unheard of in my experience. Does Mahindra cover that huge cost to the dealer? As a retired auto tech teacher I'm fairly aware of such things and seems beyond what a car or truck mfg would ever do. As an e.g. my BMW warranty would have them picking up the car then I must btravel a 3 hour RT to pick it up if a warranty non drive situation arises.
On my tractor search- I have learned from talking with a dealer in my state that Mahindra makes incentive prices on various tractors to their dealers which may be passed on to a cash buyer, or not. Ask and maybe they'll tell you? One did for me.
My current tractor is a 40 hp shuttle shift, which I like so I've changed my search toward either a 3016 (kind of small for my uses), 1533 or 1538, all in shuttle version. I'm close to a buy and will post when I pull the trigger. Dealers tell me both the 3 cyl Mitshubishi engine and the 4 cyl Mahindra engines have shown to be OK but say the 4 cyl's may run a bit quieter as for internal engine noise, not meaning exhaust db's.
The real difference between a 1538 vs. 1533 is small-same basic machine but 4.2 hp from same cu inches, tire size is different but close to same. Quite a difference considering the MSRP's vary a lot for the small variables. Currently after a used 1533 out of state from me.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #94  
Could please send me the part #'s for the filters. I can't seem to pull up the thumbnails

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #95  
That's nice but unheard of in my experience. Does Mahindra cover that huge cost to the dealer? As a retired auto tech teacher I'm fairly aware of such things and seems beyond what a car or truck mfg would ever do. As an e.g. my BMW warranty would have them picking up the car then I must btravel a 3 hour RT to pick it up if a warranty non drive situation arises.
On my tractor search- I have learned from talking with a dealer in my state that Mahindra makes incentive prices on various tractors to their dealers which may be passed on to a cash buyer, or not. Ask and maybe they'll tell you? One did for me.
My current tractor is a 40 hp shuttle shift, which I like so I've changed my search toward either a 3016 (kind of small for my uses), 1533 or 1538, all in shuttle version. I'm close to a buy and will post when I pull the trigger. Dealers tell me both the 3 cyl Mitshubishi engine and the 4 cyl Mahindra engines have shown to be OK but say the 4 cyl's may run a bit quieter as for internal engine noise, not meaning exhaust db's.
The real difference between a 1538 vs. 1533 is small-same basic machine but 4.2 hp from same cu inches, tire size is different but close to same. Quite a difference considering the MSRP's vary a lot for the small variables. Currently after a used 1533 out of state from me.

No it's something that some dealers do but not all of them. Mine just happens to be one of them and that is one of the reasons I bought from him. He delivered the machine new to my home as well. When I went looking to buy a tractor I paid more interest in the dealers and service than I did the machines.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #96  
I saw a guy here this a.m. saying he paid $1,150 for a dealer delivery-not something I'll be doing...

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #97  
I saw a guy here this a.m. saying he paid $1,150 for a dealer delivery-not something I'll be doing...

It depends on how far the dealer drove to deliver it. If it was around 400 miles I think it's a fair price. If it was 200 then maybe not. But you also have to calculate any toll roads. There are certain times of the day if you go over the George Washington bridge from New Jersey to New York with a truck and dual axle trailer it costs around $95.00. Some people don't have a truck or trailer.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #98  
It depends on how far the dealer drove to deliver it. If it was around 400 miles I think it's a fair price. If it was 200 then maybe not. But you also have to calculate any toll roads. There are certain times of the day if you go over the George Washington bridge from New Jersey to New York with a truck and dual axle trailer it costs around $95.00. Some people don't have a truck or trailer.

I wonder how many times they've paid for that bridge. I know the Golden Gate and Bay bridges have been paid for many times over.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #100  
Think I've decided upon the 2538 over the 1538 and used Kubota

Good choice! Welcome to the club. Seat upgrade and cruise were my must haves. Use the cruise rarely, but the seat is a real blessing on my rough tract and old back.

You can also make great use of an EA Wicked grapple too if you have any wooded or brushy area to handle. Running a 6' cutter is no problem at all for me in case you are looking to brush hog areas.