Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #541  
But the Intermediate Plate, doesn't make any sense? Why is it just Capped Off? 1 Inlet, 1 Outlet won't increase Flow unless the first stage is acting like a suction pump to feed the pressure side, like it's an Open System.

1687990980682.png

Lumi builds them both ways, Single and Stacked but 2 Outlets Lumi gear motors

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #542  
An unloaded pump has 2 gear sections. At low pressure, both gear sections supply oil. At a preset pressure, the unloaded valve opens and dumps one section.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
But the Intermediate Plate, doesn't make any sense? Why is it just Capped Off? 1 Inlet, 1 Outlet won't increase Flow unless the first stage is acting like a suction pump to feed the pressure side, like it's an Open System.
The intermediate plate between the two pump sections has a cap that covers a "load-sensing" valve. At a certain pressure, one section of the pump is shut off by routing oil from the outlet back into its internal inlet. A 2-stage log splitter valve.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #544  
Yes, it looks like the pump may have an RV on the center section (unloader valve). I should have taken it off to see what it is.

In operation of the excavator, I was looking for signs of a 2-stage pump with internal RV. Could not detect that it behaved like it had one. I would have expected that the flow rate would have been higher when moving a given cylinder until it met resistance. Then it would slow down. I did not experience that behavior.

I did notice that the machine exhibited signs of low main RV setting, which I adjusted. Pix are next.
I‘m new at this. I purchased the diggit em15 at auction recently. What are the signs of low main RV setting?

Also, I found that rustoleum 2x ultra cover in marigold is an almost perfect match for this mini x.

Mark

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #545  
Welcome to the discussion Mid.

Together we can keep these things running!

Heat seems to be the Major Obstacle Any thing you can do to get the Hot Out, and Cool Air in helps.

I‘m new at this. I purchased the diggit em15 at auction recently. What are the signs of low main RV setting?
Congrats on the buy, Mark. What was your total cost, including all fees and taxes? And where?

Most of these units are set way too low at the factory and they do minimal, if any testing and QA.

When I opened up and inspected the EM15 last week, I failed to bring my gauges, which I use to test the relief pressure at the AUX hose. I have fittings for the 2 different sizes I need to connect there. I suggest you get a gauge and fittings to make this test. 2500psi is the target.

So, just going by my experience, I should be able to embed the bucket about halfway in the dirt and dig or drag the machine using just the dipper. Blade down and toward the front. I turned the RV adjuster clockwise until it did.

Reminder: please post your general location in your profile

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #548  
Congrats on the buy, Mark. What was your total cost, including all fees and taxes? And where?

Most of these units are set way too low at the factory and they do minimal, if any testing and QA.

When I opened up and inspected the EM15 last week, I failed to bring my gauges, which I use to test the relief pressure at the AUX hose. I have fittings for the 2 different sizes I need to connect there. I suggest you get a gauge and fittings to make this test. 2500psi is the target.

So, just going by my experience, I should be able to embed the bucket about halfway in the dirt and dig or drag the machine using just the dipper. Blade down and toward the front. I turned the RV adjuster clockwise until it did.
Thank you for the info on the pressure. I’d like to get everything out of it that I can.

I purchased it in Marysville,Wa
$5900 for the machine, another went for $5700.
3% auction fee and 9.4% sales tax.

Teeth vertical in the dirt, no curl?

Teeth vertical in the dirt, no curl?
Dig normally, so curl as you go. This is not the best way to estimate if the RV setting is correct. I have operated 6 different Chinese 1-ton-ish mini-Xs, from 4 different makers. I know what these can do.

Get a gauge.

I purchased it in Marysville,Wa
$5900 for the machine, another went for $5700.
3% auction fee and 9.4% sales tax.
So, under $7K total. Nice.

I assume yours is just like the one I posted about, with no counterweight and no hyd return filtration. Filtration is really really important. Even the cheapest log splitters sold usually have it.