Import mini bailer?

/ Import mini bailer? #1  

Mattyadkin

Tractor
B7500
I’m looking at purchasing a mini baler from Alibaba. Has anybody bought any equipment off Alibaba

/ Import mini bailer? #2  
What size bales are you looking for? Most full sized bailers can roll small bales, least the last 2 I've owned can. Both my sold New Holland as well as my new Kubota BV can roll small rounds with a minmum size of 2.5 feet in diameter in net or twine.

/ Import mini bailer? #3  
If you want small squares that is doable as well. Just adjust the bales size according to your needs.

/ Import mini bailer? #4  
Are you talking about the mini round balers? I could say…lukewarm garbage, not even good enough to be hot garbage.

/ Import mini bailer? #5  
Why buy something like that that is Chinese garbage that parts availability is going to be a problem. If you’re going to make hay get the right tools to do the job

/ Import mini bailer? #6  
I’ve tried to order stuff from Alibab but no success. I think the idea behind mini rounds make perfect sense. Much simpler machines….hay rolls up and then it’s wrapped and dropped. All the people that are against the mini rounds I understand their arguments too…cheap imported junk, parts availability, lack of market, etc. I own round balers and square balers and hands down (other than the sheer weight and size of the round baler) the round baler seems easier to operate, maintain and trouble shoot. Those old timers that designed the square balers 80 years ago were literally geniuses! So amazed.

With that being said, all of these old square balers are getting harder and harder to find parts for especially lesser produced Massey’s like the 3, 9,10 and 12’s. New Holland seems to have more parts available. String tied bales have more information on the web compared to the older wire balers. When you do find parts they are expensive! A used knotter mech can run over $500 on eBay . Costs can really add up. Oh, and good luck finding a grandpa that still knows how to work on the old square balers! They gone!! You’re on your own with the old manuals and the internet!

I’m not poo pooing the old square balers yall I’m just stating the downsides to an old baler versus new technology. There are high quality mini round bales for under 10k from Japan and Italy as well as India. They are used heavily in those countries due to size restrictions and lack of high hP tractors. They are amazing little machines.

There is a lady that sells mini rounds in my town and she can’t make enough of them. The horse people and small time cattle ranchers love them because they can barrel roll them out of the barn and into the feed lot and then cut, kick and roll it out. Less waste and they store and stack like a wall of kegs ( flash back to the fraternity days:). )

Anyway, look at Yanmar, Takita, IHI first then compare them to the China imports. If you have a good dealer locally the China option may prove to be a winner but I would pay the extra 1-2 k and get one from Japan.

/ Import mini bailer? #7  
Buy 3, then you have two for parts. If you are lucky the parts will interchange without too much fuss.

/ Import mini bailer? #8  
I’m looking at purchasing a mini baler from Alibaba. Has anybody bought any equipment off Alibaba
The other promising looking mini round is the Redlands Baler from India. They make the balers for Farm Maxx as well. Seems like a well built machine.

/ Import mini bailer? #9  
I wouldn't buy off Alibaba. I looked into it once. Purchase price is cheap but on large items it gets a little complicated. First you have to usually wire 100% of funds before shipment then pay shipping fees. Once at port you have to coordinate with your own shipping company to get it to final destination.

Go to places like tractor house and do a search under the round balers for Tar River, Yanmar or Ibex. Tractor tools direct is also US dealer that supplies them.

I have the MRB 870 which is a China baler and it actually is not a bad baler. It is small and has limitations but it is dependable. There's just not a lot to go wrong with it. It's just a pickup and a bunch of rollers.

I presume you had done your research but if you have any questions let fire away.. I still have mine but my main baler is now a small square just because I need a baler with more capacity and faster baling as my livestock increased.