I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #101  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....
So, I had the BX-2200 which cost $10,500 without the loader in 2003. Just bought a zero turn Ferris for $8K and use the Kubota for the tougher patches out in the Christmas tree field. Less stress on the Kubota and repairs and still have a new semi-professional model zero turn which works great for the lawn (4 acres).

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #102  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....

Have you considered getting a 3-pt mounted finish mower? I run a Landpride version on my little Kubota.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #104  
Gheez, you guys sure do spend a lot of money on mowers. I got my BX25 tractor in 2008 and I did not get the MMM attachment. For cutting the grass. I bought a used MTD riding mower with a 42 inch deck and an automatic transmission. Cost me $350, and it has served me well.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #105  
Gheez, you guys sure do spend a lot of money on mowers. I got my BX25 tractor in 2008 and I did not get the MMM attachment. For cutting the grass. I bought a used MTD riding mower with a 42 inch deck and an automatic transmission. Cost me $350, and it has served me well.
Mow 8 acres of lawn, 25 mows per year and let me know how long that MTD mower lasted.
My zero turn will mow our 8 acre lawn in just over 2 hours, try that with that MTD (likely take closer to 6 hours)

My zero turn cost me over $11,000 and I expecting it to last decades mowing our 8 acre lawn

Last edited:
   / I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #106  
Mow 8 acres of lawn, 25 mows per year and let me know how long that MTD mower lasted.
My zero turn will mow our 8 acre lawn in just over 2 hours, try that with that MTD (likely take closer to 5-6 hours)

My zero turn cost me over $11,000 and I expecting it to last decades mowing our 8 acre lawn
My MTD and two Craftsman lawn tractors (16, 19, 21 h.p.) used to take a full tank plus another 4 gallons to mow my yard.
My B2620 Kubota can mow it 13 times on 4 gallons of fuel, LOL

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing
I killed a Simplicity and a decent Cub Cadet (older ones, not the new crap) before giving in and spending the money on the Kubota.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #108  
RFM is well worth a look, especially if you can find one in good shape used. My Kubota GR2120 lawn tractor deck has been headaches aplenty for the seven years I've had it. I'm going back to using my Workmaster and RFM when the ground's not too soft. I'm in the process of rebuilding the gear case on the Kubota deck, and it seems to be a real monster to get it together right. All the hydro lawn tractors are too high to cut under the apple trees, and the gear models are all junk now. Our Wheelhorse 8 speed lasted 30+ years with fewer problems than the Kubota has had in 7. And though it's a shade lower than the Deere lawn tractors, I still risk a concussion in the orchard.
I'm probably too old to ever buy another machine, but I'll never own a belly mower again unless someone comes out with a reasonably priced quality gear drive lawn tractor with a LOW seat.
A 60 inch RFM will do a great job for you if you don't have too many really tight spots to mow. The old Wheelhorse decks ran on the ground, on wheels, not hanging from the tractor, and they cut much nicer than the Kubota belly mower.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #109  

Thanks....
I know how you feel. In 2005, I purchased my first new tractor, a Kubota L3430 CAB with FEL/LD bucket, cost at the time was about $28K. We ended up selling our house/property in 2018, and moved, sold all the equipment. Fast forward, we have acquired some undeveloped wooded land that we want to turn into a homestead, and need another tractor. I basically repurchased what I had before, L3560 with CAB and FEL/LD bucket. Cost this time around is $48K. In 2004 we purchased a new BX-23, but found it didn't have enough capacity, that one was $17,500 then, I see them advertised in the mid $25K range.

GL

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #110  
My zero turn will mow our 8 acre lawn in just over 2 hours, try that with that MTD (likely take closer to 6 hours)

Kk I Will keep you posted when it kicks off. By the way, I will mow maybe three times a year.