IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #21  
My father in law had a Super W4/ gas/ with the aux belt drive. It worked great on the buzz saw rig for sharpening fence posts. If I remember correctly he bought it new in 1953. He had a couple of New Holland bailers with the Wisconsin 4V that he hayed with. You talk about loud, you needed ear plugs to load the wagons. The tractor is setting in pieces in the sister in laws garage right now. It wore out.

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #22  
They were good tractors for there time, the W series would have been available in a distillate (kerosene) version.

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor
This will teach me to buy from an auction. I travel all the way out here. There are no keys. It doesn’t need keys. That’s the whole reason. I came out here so the tractor wouldn’t drive away on its own. So anyway, I go to start it, and I noticed besides the almost dead battery, which they told me this thing runs just fine, there’s no fuel bowl.

Do you think this thing will start without one? It might seem like a crazy question, but with the system, I’m not sure.

Using voice to text.

I am reading that the lever on the left, when you engage it, so it can run on diesel, it disconnects the distributor. Therefore, I’m guessing this thing won’t start.

Anyone? Stuck out here.

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #26  
It won't start on diesel I can assure you of that.

I got her started. I was able to zip tie the small fuel that they had onto it and she leaked a lot of gas but she still got going. So either the clip that holds the fuel bowl on is wrong or the fuel bowl is wrong.

I looked for a serial number plate I could not find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I could start shopping for the appropriate fuel bowl and clip?

/ IH McCormick Standard WD6 tractor #29  
Glad you got her started, used to start a TD6 with a clorox bottle of gas dribbling it into the air intake and covering the intake with my hand as a choke once it started kept it running for a couple of minutes by pouring a bit of gas in the air intake then throwing the lever to switch over.

From tractor data.com
1683330442559.png

1683330502762.png

Thank you! Now to get it home and running better with the right gas sediment bowl.