If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #731  
I'm not going to damage to brushcat by attaching it, will I?
No. GPM flow is determined by engine RPM.

We run a low flow (15-25) 7' brush hog with the high flow switch on at around 1700 RPM in Work Mode:
P4010028.JPG
P8070007.JPG

It weighs 1800 pounds:
PA270001.JPG
PA270004.JPG
PA270002.JPG
PA270010.JPG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #732  
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #734  
All - have a new to me B series toolcat, with the front right shock / strut going out. Bobcat wants $800 for one, and you're supposed to replace in pairs.

Knowing the hubs and some other parts are from a Chevy Colorado, has anyone found any aftermarket struts that work as replacements for a better price?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #735  
My 2021 Toolcat 5600 has started making a clicking noise from somewhere in the front end and I am hoping for some ideas on what to check or how to fix. Stream of conscious details incoming:
  • I noticed it after changing the transaxle fluid (~350 hours on the machine)
  • clicking noise comes from the transxle/ inner CV joint area
  • noise only happens when turning. It is very rhythmic and the intensity and rate changes depending on how far you turn and how fast you are going while you are turning.
  • noise also happens when the machine is stationary and you turn the wheels from side to side fairly quickly
  • if the machine is lifted off the ground, the noise does not occur. When picked up I tried forward, backward, turning the tires, everything I could think of. No clicking noise at all.
  • I changed the front and rear transaxle fluid at the same time, and only the front seems to have the clicking sound.
I have not run the machine very much since this started. I have tried turning the differential lock switch off (single action switch on the dash), but the sound stayed the same. Does anyone have ideas on what I could check/ test next? Thanks for your time!

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #736  
Hi everyone, I just got a 5a woodchipper and the feed roller isn’t working, everything else appears to be working. It is hooked up to a U56 Toolcat. The dealer has an identical Woodchipper and another u56 Toolcat, same problem. Anyone have an idea on what’s going on?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #737  
does it just have single hydraulic line coming in no electrical hook up? should the roller run when the rotor is turned on by auxilary control?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #738  
Quote:

"The 5A chipper offered by Bobcat is the standard flow model and is capable of handling material up 3" continuously and 5" in sections. It will adjust it's feed rate to handle the material being fed. It does require an Attachment Control Kit installed on the Toolcat to run the attachment though. If you have a Hi-Flo Toolcat, the 8A is the model you want. It will handle up to 5" material continuously and can take material up to 8" or so. The inlet is only about 2 feet off the ground so you don't have to lift the wood up real high to load it too."

Bobcat Chipper

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #739  
Any pointers on how to replace a 2014 Toolcat 5600 battery? Apparently at some point they moved the battery from behind the relatively accessible driver side screen door to under the air filter housing, which is under the cargo box.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #740  
assume the battery is dead, can you boost the motor off the starter motor lead that goes to battery? you should be able to raise the box by moving the valve to the dump position and jacking up the box, a bungie will hold the valve or a second person