If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing?

/ If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing? #221  
Heating oil has dropped $0.95 in a week. Down to $3.90 here in CT. Was over $5 a few weeks ago.

/ If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing?
HHO and off road diesel are one in the same. Still almost 6 bucks a gallon here. I'll have to watch the price and see if it falls. Guess all the hoopla about only having 30 days of diesel was just propaganda.

/ If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing? #223  
HHO and off road diesel are one in the same. Still almost 6 bucks a gallon here. I'll have to watch the price and see if it falls. Guess all the hoopla about only having 30 days of diesel was just propaganda.
I'll hafta check my cost for red diesel, it's no where near $6. I'm going to guess $4.25. The CFO will know. :)

I believe the 30 day supply of diesel is accurate. If all production stopped this morning, we would run out in 30 days. The propaganda was that production might stop.

/ If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing?
On road here is $5.89 and off road is 50 cents less (no road tax). Just checked on Tuesday when we went by the Loves truck stop north of us.

/ If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing? #225  
On road here is $5.89 and off road is 50 cents less (no road tax). Just checked on Tuesday when we went by the Loves truck stop north of us.
Honestly, I pay absolutely no attention. I'll ask Terry what I paid the other day when I filled my red fuel transfer tank.

I topped off my 500 gallon tank this fall and if I remember correctly (I'd have to dig out the invoice) but I paid 3 something a gallon delivered. I had a feeling it would go up.

The problem with on road diesel being what it is, is truckers have to pay it but they pass that cost on to the consumer who has the eat it, one way or another.

Different states tax at different rates for on road.

/ If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing? #227  
I topped off my 500 gallon tank this fall and if I remember correctly (I'd have to dig out the invoice) but I paid 3 something a gallon delivered. I had a feeling it would go up.

The problem with on road diesel being what it is, is truckers have to pay it but they pass that cost on to the consumer who has the eat it, one way or another.

Different states tax at different rates for on road.
My large farmer friend will contract next year's fuel mid December. I'll report the quote he gets. Was talking to one of his Sons yesterday. They figure the contract last year saved them $500,000. Not going to be that lucky this time. Actually could be a loss. Will get some idea where the powers that be think the price is going by what they offer as a contract price.

I have a feeling that they will get dinged and hard. I don't consume all that much fuel as a rule but my standby genset is diesel powered and gets it's diesel from my bulk tank. Both my Kubota's are very frugal on fuel consumption and always have been.

/ If it's cold where you live, what are you heating with and what is it costing? #229  
I have a feeling that they will get dinged and hard. I don't consume all that much fuel as a rule but my standby genset is diesel powered and gets it's diesel from my bulk tank. Both my Kubota's are very frugal on fuel consumption and always have been.
I hope I am sitting in on the meeting to discuss it. Last year Doug asked me if I thought fuel prices would drop and we all agreed NO. This year that "calculation" will be more difficult.

I suspect they won't be all that happy. Like I said, with inputs going through the roof and fuel cost, lots of farmers will go **** up this next year. I imagine Tractor House will have a gob of listings. I use 46 granulated urea and it's almost tripled in price and 28 liquid has doubled if, you can actually get it.