Ida Incoming

/ Ida Incoming #81  
I need internet with a printer to make shipping labels with postage to mail my orders for my online business. I do not know how to hook my phone to my printer or if that is even possible.

Yesterday I phoned a library in Gulfport MS to ask their hours today, Saturday. They told me 9-4. I drove all the way there as I couldn’t find anywhere closer with internet and printer. Got there and found out they and all libraries in Mississippi are closed for Labor Day weekend.

Having 80 orders that need to go out
I had to look for another place on my phone. Closest place I found was FedEx in Mobile Alabama, another 200 mile round trip added on. Drove there and found out they charged me $1.15 for each label I printed on plain paper.

I printed out 30 labels then PayPals web site screwed up and wouldn’t let me print the rest. Then the only thing I could do was to get 30 gallons of gas in my cans I brought for my generator and make the three hour drive home. What a wasted day. Tomorrow I will try to find a friend on the north shore who has electricity a computer, printer and internet so I can finish up.

At least I had a day of rest from cutting up fallen trees. I finished one oak tree and only have about 12 more to do then I can start on my fences and barn.
I don't know what kind of phone you have, or printer. If you have time and if they are in stock, walmart, best buy, office stores, etc... usually have cheap bluetooth enabled printers for sale. You don't need any network or cables to print to them from a phone. You just enable bluetooth on your phone and printer and off you go with wireless printing. Hope that helps.

/ Ida Incoming #82  
Small print shops around here are glad to do small runs. If it's in a format they understand, they will print it for you. If they're open. The better hotels also have business centers with printers for guests. Good luck getting a room, but maybe you could work something out on a day use basis.

/ Ida Incoming #83  
Just heard a story on the news that said Ida destroyed almost twice as many power poles as Katrina in Louisiana. 30,000+ so far. Power will be out a long time, weeks if not months, in many places.

/ Ida Incoming
There's just no excuse for this kind of thing:

New Orleans: Seniors Left in Dark, Hot Facilities After Ida

Officials in New Orleans say they will thoroughly inspect senior living apartments in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida after finding people living in buildings without working generators that trapped residents in wheelchairs in dark, sweltering upper floors.

/ Ida Incoming #86  
There's just no excuse for this kind of thing:.

The poor always get screwed.

The managers evec’ed, left the residents to rot.

During Katrina the police chief and the mayor of New Orleans did the same thing. Just garbage..

/ Ida Incoming #87  
Oh happy day, I got electricity back today so I can stop hauling gas and have more time to cut trees.

Someone told me that I could connect my iPhone to my pc to use the internet on my computer and I tried for two hours last night but I can’t get it done because I am not computer literate enough. I hate making my customers wait because I can’t print out shipping labels.

/ Ida Incoming #88  
Someone told me that I could connect my iPhone to my pc to use the internet on my computer and I tried for two hours last night but I can’t get it done because I am not computer literate enough. I hate making my customers wait because I can’t print out shipping labels.
The option for using your iPhone as a hotspot is not listed if your account with cell carrier does not include that service. $10/mo from some. But be ware if you have a grandfathered account with Cricket any change resets the account to current (probably worse) terms. I would get a new number and SIM from a month-by-month carrier rather than disturb my 5-lines-$100/mo account.

/ Ida Incoming #89  
I would like to dedicate a hurricane name after my wife.....'nough said.

/ Ida Incoming #90  
I’ve been cutting trees and fixing roofs for 20 days now and working 12 hours a day in 90 degree + heat. I didn’t expect retirement to be like this.

I need a little rest so my sore muscles can heal so I’m going to Alaska for a week. The rest of the work can just wait on me.

Cool weather here I come.