Ida Incoming

/ Ida Incoming #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
100304_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

If you don't have the time, resources or will to get out, hunker down and hang on.

/ Ida Incoming #2  
It lands tomorrow, the 16th. anniversary of Katrina. The only family left living down there is a niece and nephew. The niece is in Houma and the nephew is in Madisonville. They are all at their mother’s who is in Covington, (North of Lake Pontchartrain, right where you want to be)

/ Ida Incoming #3  
Looks like it will pass just east of me. I'm about 70 miles west of Baton Rouge.
Westbound Traffic on Interstate 10 is crazy all the way to Texas. All grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants in my little town are sold out of everything.
My house is boarded up and my little generator is gassed up.
Please pray for Louisiana and Mississippi.

/ Ida Incoming #4  
Looks like it will pass just east of me. I'm about 70 miles west of Baton Rouge.
Westbound Traffic on Interstate 10 is crazy all the way to Texas. All grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants in my little town are sold out of everything.
My house is boarded up and my little generator is gassed up.
Please pray for Louisiana and Mississippi.
Will do! God Bless! ✝️

/ Ida Incoming #6  
Ida...took better care of myself if I'd known I live this long...!

/ Ida Incoming #8  
Strong thoughts/prayers for in path of this nasty storm.

/ Ida Incoming #9  
It looks like I'm right in the worst part of the path again. Sure wish I had insurance. I got a generator but no telling how long 5 gallons of gas will last me if (when) the power goes off. I will surely lose my home phone and cable during the storm too. Hope the cell towers stay up. All stores have been closed or out of everything today but I always keep my pantry supplied with a week of food and if I have to BBQ it won't be too bad.

When Katrina hit 16 years ago I was 60 and was able to cut up and get rid of 90 trees that fell and put on 5 roofs by myself. Today, I'm not up to all that work so I hope it isn't nearly that bad. Between the last storms we have had and the new subdivisions going up there are not nearly as many trees around to help break up the wind and the wind is my only worry. The area around my house never floods.

/ Ida Incoming #10  
Stay safe everyone in the path of this hurricane.

I've been following it somewhat closely and looks like it may hit pretty hard.