Ice Cream spade?

/ Ice Cream spade? #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I was playing on the New holland web site and saw this

200084828.jpg

I will admit I have never seen something like this so what is its purpose? I have seen numerous types of ice cream scoops but a spade?:confused:

/ Ice Cream spade?
Well, I did a search and ended up finding this information.

When do you want an ice cream spade instead of a round scoop? An ice cream spade works best in hard ice cream cutting through easily and scooping plenty. It's easier to press the spade through the hard ice cream with force and leverage. Save the round scoop for softer ice creams and to make round balls for ice cream cones.

I am kind of surprised to see this type of item available from New Holland though.

/ Ice Cream spade? #3  
We have both & I like the spade for the really hard fresh out of the freezer stuff. Much more cutting & leverage in the spade than is possible w/the scoop.

/ Ice Cream spade? #4  
I am kind of surprised to see this type of item available from New Holland though.

Me, too. And I don't recall seeing or hearing of an ice cream spade, but it appears to be something I could use. We've got a couple of ice cream scoops, but it was sure hard work digging that frozen ice cream out of the container to make myself a chocolate malt a couple of hours ago.:)

/ Ice Cream spade? #5  
Used to use one in the "Ice-cream-haulick" days, before the Dr. told me I was diabetic.

/ Ice Cream spade? #6  
If you are blessed enough to live in the South-Central or South-West regions of the country where you can find Braum's stores, they have them. Best kitchen tool I've ever bought -- most used, too!

BTW, for road trippers passing through TX, OK, AR, MO, and NM (maybe some others, too), if you have never stopped at a Braum's, give them a try. Outstanding burgers, fresh squeezed lime-ade, and very good ice cream.

/ Ice Cream spade? #7  
I know this will stir things up, but there ain't but one kind of ice cream, and that's Bryer's vanilla. Everything else is something else. And I could use one of those spades when I make my rootbeer float.

/ Ice Cream spade? #8  
but there ain't but one kind of ice cream, and that's Bryer's vanilla

You only think that because you haven't yet eaten any GOOD ice cream.:) Now most folks in Texas seem to think that Blue Bell is best, and I'll admit it's very good, but Braum's is first choice, especially their old fashioned banana splits.:cool:

And Robert, you cost me $5.77 plus tax this morning. That's what I paid for the Farber ice cream spade.:D

/ Ice Cream spade? #9  
Robert_in_NY said:
Well, I did a search and ended up finding this information.

ME TOO! :eek: Now, on the other hand, a JOHN DEERE ice cream spade... That sounds more logical. ;)

/ Ice Cream spade? #10  
At age 42, I've come to realize that I'm lactose intollerant. I like ice cream, but it doesn't like me. hahaha But when I do push it and have some, I've found that getting the spoon wet with water really makes a huge difference in scooping it out.

I've never seen that spade either, but I bet with Robert being home all day, he's gonna find all sorts of new things on the web. hahaha

Eddie